Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Puerto Rico we have a problem, the thing is that a few pitbulls have papers example (UKC, ACA, CKC). Im looking to find a way to register my future dog because here in PR all the puppy's are sold with out papers. For me to buy a pitbull from the United States via internet is going to cost me a lot of money. I do my search in this and the average price is 1,000 to 1,500 dollars. Im a part time breeder but for the space I have to get rid of my dog's I only own now is a apple head toy chihuahua. I know that in some registries you can not register your dog because the parents are not register. I search for this and I don't find anything to do any suggestions or what I can do. Now that I Im planing to buy my puppy in a moth maybe weeks.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I doubt that a breeder would send a dog to PR being that it is against the law to import them. Any APBT already there must be registered with department of ag. Did any of these laws change? As it was all essentially BSL, therefore illegal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
well I really do not know but in this pitbulls sites that sells them said they will ship to any address. The only thing Im interested in a registered one but I find the way to get it here in PR thanks for the help. But in the P.R adds I see a few Pitbulls imported from the US but I really do not know

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I understand you must be a big fan of pitbulls, but given your location and how you will have to acquire your new dog I would chose another breed. Trust me the, people you are getting a dog from don't give a crap what they threw together to make those puppies and they don't care where they go. If you buy a dog from these people there isn't any kind of guarantee that you'll get what you THINK you are paying for. It sounds like a scam to me to be honest.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
PRBreeder said:
I do my search in this and the average price is 1,000 to 1,500 dollars. Im a part time breeder but for the space I have to get rid of my dog's I only own now is a apple head toy chihuahua
#1 is the $1,000- $1,500 for the dog or the shipping? I would really look into what you are buying because if that is just for the dog that is expensive and probably not worth it.

#2 if you had to get rid of your dogs due to space why are you getting more?

#3 what do you mean by you are a part time breeder? Breeding is not an occupation nor should you be breeding if you don't know these questions you are asking. Thats just my opinion tho.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
american_pit13 said:
#2 if you had to get rid of your dogs due to space why are you getting more?
That was in the past about a year now, now I have the space to get a new one

#3 what do you mean by you are a part time breeder? Breeding is not an occupation nor should you be breeding if you don't know these questions you are asking. Thats just my opinion tho.
I respect your opinion but if your are breeding animal are for a cuple of reasons. 1. recraation or you like the breed so much that you want to have them. 2. To sell them and make money. 3. For anything you want

and yes I know what Im asking, a commercial breeder sell dogs etc

Quoted fron an article of the scientific method "(part-time) breeder whose regular job was with the firm that had propagated and distributed the tumor lines that the University of Rochester had received contaminated with lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus (Ref. 5). Although it was never proved, an attractive theory is that the (breeder) had started his colony with infected hamsters he had brought home from work."

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
PRBreeder said:
I respect your opinion but if your are breeding animal are for a cuple of reasons. 1. recraation or you like the breed so much that you want to have them. 2. To sell them and make money. 3. For anything you want
Those are terrible reasons to breed a dog. My opinion again tho :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep IMO too!
If you want to be a breeder then you must want to better the breed. You must do your research. To make money-lol, most good breeders will tell you that there is NO money in breeding dogs. If you live in an area that they are banned then why on earth would you want that type of dog. That is just plain STUPID, IMO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok but the meaning of breeder that I use is tho whole complete consept not pitbull breeder, you can breed a special kind of dog, but anyway I came here to learn from others, help others, and I respect all of your opinons.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I agree with everyone else about breeding and yes you have a couple of the stupidest reasons for doing so ecspecially it's illegal where you are. Plus even if the Internet says they will ship to any address doesn't mean your gonna get your dog seeing how it would probably be seized before you ever enen see it. Pick a different breed that legal where your at and move on........ JMO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here if you own a pitbull you have to registered with the police autorities and you are responsable for them. they have a few specifications if you own one, the space where you have it etc. so im not going to give up because some of you are saying it I like the breed Im not going to give up. So thanks for the opinion's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think that we can all agree that we like the breed or we wouldn't be on this board. BUT that doesn't mean that we should become breeders, weither it is part time or full time. There are enough breeders around that breed just to breed and that is why we have so many dogs in the pound and so much BSL. Ppl really need to do their homework and research the breed and the different lines, the different health defects and so on. And once they have finished that they should do it all over again, just in case they missed something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok Agree, here in Puerto Rico are a few breeders in the area. but we all are here for a reason and that is that we all like the breed:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts