Go Pitbull Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has this ever happened and if so can you give me examples with photos and even a story or too,surely it has never happened in the box but hows a bout WP,pp or some other endeavor,might be able to uncover some interesting tid bits.
Keith.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Isn't a bully an APBT cross anyway??? Also, I was thinking, would you consider Camelot a bully? I would, pretty sure that's was MLB is producing. I've seen a ton of Camelot dogs pull, they're very powerful dogs. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do i consider dogs like the duke bullys,no i dont,im not sure what they produse now however,i usually considered them xxl red nose dogs.i worded it wrong as well,realitivly succssesful bully apbt working crosses should have been the title,im sure theres been some,had to have been.
i personaly dont consider xxl rednosed dogs bully seeing as they arent really bully at all,more mastiffish if anything,hieght size and all.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
I would say they are pretty mastiff myself, but I also don't think the color blue defines a bully. I dunno, I see Camelot dogs at all the Bully shows, reppin' bullies and I see MLPB dogs, which are Camelot and Dangerzone, being called bullies in their own video.

What would you call a Bully/APBT? I'd call it a bully myself. We're not just talking WP either, are we? Lisa has a bully on her crew, performance trained and all.
As far as success goes, can't think of any at the moment, it's getting late here and my brains not working after dealing with an 8 y/o, an ADHD 7 y/o, and a 5 y/o all day. I'll get onthe research tomorrow in the morning, it'll be nice to see some.

Side note: Funny, just went to look at the UKC site and found Terra and Priest WP training. Totally not related to the discussion though.

APBT network Galleries

So far all my search is turning is Whoppers, will get on it tomorrow for sure.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yeah lisa's blue riot or vixen,yeah i guess the is the working bully right there,haha!
I guess if the breeders want to call there larger strains bullys with the component strains there or not its there deal,dangerzone was a catch weight apbt from florida,thats a fact,ive got one,they always come in red unless out crossed to something else.
youll see alot of whopper,chevy dogs at bully shows as well but they seem to fit in with a bandog fratenity more than anything especialy since they are commonly used in bandog breedings i.e lgk kennels.when i think bully i think a dog bred for looks not work although some ceartinly can,i just dont think its the breeders goal.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
I don't disagree. The bully was founded on being nothing more than a show piece, which really isn't a bad thing. I hold them in high regard, but I gotta say that I'm a little disappointed that I'm having trouble finding any bullies that are Ace of Ace. Again, all I see is whopper and dagger, etc. I know bullies can pull, Lugz does, I just don't think the bully community is focused on it, which is odd considering there is a WP track at every ABKC show and event I go to. I did find a small kennel that has a bunch of APBTs that are into the pull seen, they have one RE dog that does great in WP, they haven't updated their page in a year though, so no telling where that dog stands by now, but they did mention he was placing first against a few dogs at a time. Oh well. Think I can finally sleep now.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Oh no. Cane, you're going to encourage people to go get a Jeep dog and breed it to a Gotti stud, just to see what they get! LMAO! Just kidding. Its an interesting question and you've got my curiosity piqued. Especially interesting would be to see how people define success. A UWP or CGC is easy to get, so I'd be more impressed with the higher-level titles.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Well I don't know about being cross to the APBT, but I know 1503 bulls has some rreal good RE and gotti dogs that ALL. This guy is actually taking time and consideration into his few breedings for himself in order to obtain his goal of a working strain of bullies. If you get him in here Im pretty sure he could help.

·
Registered
142 Posts
thanks 4 mentioning my dogs,,,, I do have plans to throw a lonzo dog in the mix as I see fit.why Lonzo well they still got size and should blend in well w/ my type of dog...
heres a vid of one of my girls and Bruno....

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I'm going to miss his posts.....

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
you know I like your dogs but I do have some questions...
What is up with that females tail? Was she born like that?
That is great you work out your dogs but that does not show sustained performance, do you compete with WP? I have a few dogs who will go all day on a flirt pole but are not great working dogs. I would like to see actual performance bully/GB crosses.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice video!
thanks
Man.... I love watching yer videos!!!
thanks
you know I like your dogs but I do have some questions...
What is up with that females tail? Was she born like that?
That is great you work out your dogs but that does not show sustained performance, do you compete with WP? I have a few dogs who will go all day on a flirt pole but are not great working dogs. I would like to see actual performance bully/GB crosses.
yea she was born like that,doesnt bother me at all its just cosmetic flaw.I have done a lil bit of weight pulling just never got all deep into it.I know ill have some nice prospects this time next year..

a lil sample of what we have going on,

this is the dad he has drive for days and is a real bull..

this girl is on 9 months and shes crazy so ill be having some stuff that is not
normally seen,im already getting a few steps close to what i want.but not even close to being exactly there yet...

the mom to the pups is a terrier looking girl athletic as hell and conformation is flawless too, so the pups look like they pulling the best of both so far.
when i finally get that dog youll know...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I hate to be "that guy" but the conformation on most of those pups is faulty. :(

The first brindle pup seems to be displaying mild chondrodysplasia (as seen by the bowing of the front legs), the second black pup is roach backed & has absolutely terrible skin (looks to be demodex, the result of an auto-immune disorder). The third black pup has is also showing mild CD, the fourth black pup is pigeon toed & likely also has mild CD & the last brindle/white pup is also pigeon toed & is knuckling over on the left wrist.

The adults meanwhile are just as bad. The brindle on the mill looks to be nothing but an English Bulldog with cropped ears & the black adult male on the leash appears to have terrible skin.

I don't know what you're trying to breed for, everything you're trying to do has already been done. If you want an athletic, conformation correct dog, get an gamebred APBT. If you want extreme bone get a bully. If you want a mix between the two (athletic but still with bone) get an AST or UKC show dog.

And to the fellow who says he'll be getting a 1503 dog, please make sure you purchase some pet health insurance. At one point or another, I'm willing to bet you'll be using it.

Not being mean here, just telling the truth as I see it. :(

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I would have to see more pictures before I went and said they were not confirmational correct. The knuckling over can be corrected the one you said was roach back....it could be how it is being held.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.