Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a male pittie at my local shelter (I am in Kodiak, AK) who is being considered for euthanasia because of his high prey drive. This shelter is generally a no-kill shelter, but no one can control the dog and no one wants to adopt him, and he's (of course) unpredictable around any animals at the shelter. This is a very small island (and a very small shelter), so there is a very small population of responsible and knowledgeable dog owners around here, which makes him basically unadoptable because nobody wants to deal with/knows how to deal with him. Some of the directors at the shelter have tried to contact a few rescues that they have talked to in the past, but have had no luck. What I am looking for is some contact info for rescues that will take pitbulls on the west coast, or even in Canada (I don't think it would be wise to send the dog any farther than that). Does anyone have any information they can give me? I am going to get a little more information on the dog hopefully later today, and I'll try to get some pictures as well. All I know so far is that he's an adult male, and he has extremely high prey drive and basically no obedience training. Any rescue information would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone have any contact information?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
there is a bully rescue in canada vancouver right on the west coast called 'hug a bull' I can find there contact info for you if you want. Most of there dogs live in foster homes they try and avoid the whole kennel thing if possible, great people.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, that would be aweseome! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
so sorry I took so long forgot what I was doing and got side tracked, here is the link to there website it has email contacts, just email them with what is going on and they usually get back pretty fast , you can add them on facebook as well.
| HugABull

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure what they have tried yet... I just found out about this guy yesterday, and I'm hoping to get more info once the shelter manager gets back to work tomorrow. And @ angelbaby, thanks so much for the info! I'll definitely look into them. I'm sure I could search around and find some myself too, but I figured I would ask everyone's advice here first, that way I know I'm getting referred to a good place for him. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts