Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any body ever heard of this stuff?? diesel has a big problem being around a good many people and he ends up tuckin his tail and jumping in my truck and sitting in the floor. from what i gathered this stuff supposedly will calm him down to be more sociable. and a little info on him he will turn 11 months next month on the 15 th, he has not been neutered, and whenever he hears a loud noise like a car door shut he pins his ears back and runs. could this stuff really help or is it all on me now? oh and when he was a pup i took him every were i went, such as car shows, over to friends houses, he is fine around one or two people but if it's any more than that he goes nuts. a little help would be much appreciated

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
It works great for people and have heard good things about it in the dogs alot of shelters up here use it for the new dogs comming in that seem overly stressed and they do see results. I wouldnt say this would be a everyday use thing but may help as a tool to socialize him more and have him out in crowds and keep those nerves down a bit for him so it isnt so stressful. Sounds like it will still be some work And I would want to get his fear under control as it can just get worse and eventually turn to aggression. I would deff try that when you go out to public places see if it helps him , there are a few who have said they didnt notice much difference but from what I hear from the shelters and what I have seen in people , it does a pretty good job. MAy want to look at a good trainer to help you along with him as well.
Also I have only seen the drop form up here but apparently there is a cream as well now. the drops can be added to the water or , given directly into the mouth or rubbed on him { Id give directly , best dosage control}

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Look out for a response from Performance Kennels I moved it here so she can see it. She will be able to help you out with this one.

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
Rescue Remedy is good. Orally is fine a few drops on the gums. If they can't handle the taste or foam you can rub it into the ear flaps the skin there is thin so it will soak into the skin faster and into their system. The spray I'm not to fond of ....
I've used it more for trips to the vet, having workers in your house, things that will make them uneasy, fire works things of that sort.
I do agree you should get a trainer to help you with his slight issue ... perhaps he needs some confidence building?

·
Registered
55 Posts
ok so from what i have gathered it comes in liquid form,foam and a cream correct?? he is fine with going to the vet and what not, but when somebody comes to the house he doesn't see on a daily basis he runs up the stairs and sits or get's in his crate, and training, could i do this my self or would i be better off taking him to somebody that does this stuff on a daily basis?

i just got to lookin and they got all kinds of stuff for whom or whatever!!!! maybe i need to get this stuff for me so i won't be so up tight haha.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
when it comes to fear although im sure there are things you can work on yourself one on one with hiim I would still look into getting a trainer who has experience in that area to atleast lead you in the right direction and help you. JMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts