Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last November I adopted a rescue dog. I have been looking for an athletic dog for a long time. Finally found my perfect dog. I am wondering what type of Pitbull she is, however to me she is my best friend.

When I first got her everyone kept saying she looked like a greyhound or whippet bully mix. However on the AKC page it even mentions Whippet-type Pitbulls.

I did a Wisdom Panel and Royal canine dna test. Both say she is 77% to 80% American Staffordshire Terrier. However ive read even on wisdom panel that pitbull is just a type/group of dog breeds; American pitbull terrier, american bully, american Staffordshire terrier ( which the dna test says she is yet just says amStaffs is how they classify all pitbulls.), Staffordshire bull terrier, etc.

Anyways my girl turns 1 year this month and she is 33 lbs and i think she looks like a pure American pitbull terrier. Though WisdomPanel says shes mixed with 7% miniature poodle, 6% medium poodle, 4% Continental toy spaniel &1% papillon, 3% rat terrier , 2% Chihuahua.

However Royal canin blood test could not determine her other mixed breed but did identify 70-80% AmStaff which is also how they classify pitbulls breed types.

I think she also looks alot like the patterdale terrier which is used to make the pocket pitbull, however i take her to a dog park many tines and there are purebred whippets there and she looks similar just way more muscular shes just as fast as the whippet too. Also again read there are Whippet type pitbulls. Her legs are pretty tall/long as well. Definitely got a bully head but not as wide.

Im curious on everyone elses thoughts i have a video of her racing playing with a whippet too either way shes my best friend I've Dog Furniture Comfort Carnivore Dog breed

Plant Dog Wheel Carnivore Cat
Dog Furniture Comfort Carnivore Dog breed
Font Communication Device Electronic device Multimedia Screenshot
Font Line Circle Parallel Diagram
Dog Window Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grass Fawn
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Collar Grass
Dog Blue White Comfort Dog supply
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Companion dog
Dog Comfort Couch Carnivore Dog breed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for how the thread grammar turned out, and typos. Wrote on my old phone so I could upload pictures. What type Pitbull do you think she is she has the whippet greyhound type body, according to my neighbors. We walk jog and run for hours. I have also taught her to bike with me. I do computer science work at home then spend all day with her exploring. She turns 1 year this month on the 26th. Adopted her from a rescue. They said they found her tied to someones front porch and she had the doggy alopecia ( hair patches). Now shes my best friend and cutest Pitbull type dog, ever imo.

My guess is American Pitbull Terrier or Staffordshire Bull terrier mix. Wisdom panel dna results are often incorrect for lower percentages i have read.

·
Super Moderator
5,388 Posts
Hello ChillZee!
What you have there is a good looking girl. It is impossible to tell what breed a dog is unless you know it's lineage for generations. Anyone who tells you different is only guessing. She is a mixed breed dog with some bully in her along the lines. I have always had mutts from the rescue and have had people insist that they are pitbulls, they are not. They are mixed breed mutts because I have no idea of their lineage. Like yourself, I just love them for being whatever they are and not just because they are a certain breed.

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello ChillZee!
What you have there is a good looking girl. It is impossible to tell what breed a dog is unless you know it's lineage for generations. Anyone who tells you different is only guessing. She is a mixed breed dog with some bully in her along the lines. I have always had mutts from the rescue and have had people insist that they are pitbulls, they are not. They are mixed breed mutts because I have no idea of their lineage. Like yourself, I just love them for being whatever they are and not just because they are a certain breed.

Joe
I agree, with everything you said. Honestly I am just one of those guys that likes to know everything even when it doesn't matter. Though many people were guessing she was a hound bully mix specifically a greyhound or whippet mix, yet 2 different test shows now whippet or hound. I enjoy having her and we play outside 3 hours a day. Walking and jogging long distances, playing fetch in a field and bike riding I trained her to do at 11 months. She keeps up and never seems to tire which is why I love her. Always the fastest dog in the dog park. Something funny about her is she actually will pick up a stick twice as long as her body when we are jogging and carry it the entire 30 min to 1 hour jog. Kind of funny and cute. Everyone points and smiles and she makes there day carrying that stick while jogging for miles.

I might get another pitbull or amstaff mix rescue in the future so they can play together and I can walk and jog with two dogs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a beautiful pup. Those ears!
People always point out her ears. They are they best. People are like she looks like a bully but when on alert her ears go straight up! Sometimes when shes excited or emotional 1 ear will go up while the other one is down and switch back and forth between which ear is up and down. So fun and cute to watch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts