Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a rescued female pit due to have babies around the middle of Sept. We have done a little rescue for about a year but never had a pregnant mama. I have NO idea what to do or the accomodations she is needing. All our babies are crated at night and am not sure how or what to do about a place for her to deliver. I want to make her comfortable and make sure she is relaxed. Iam hoping between my husband and I and the rest of the family we can do what is needed. So like I said I am lost and have no idea. We have her on Loyall Puppy and she is getting a bowl of milk a day. Other than that...what should she be getting? Shes very healthy adn happy so no worries there. Just if we need somewhere special. Do we need to do anything special? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
if she is due mid sept you still have time to do a spay and abort , no point to bring in mixed breed pups when there are so many ,It really takes ALOT out of momma and if it isnt for a purpose best not too , if they were registered atleast then maybe its worth it but for paperless pups really not worth the risk to put momma through. Plus it can be very expensive if complications happen and c section is needed { they always seem to need this during off hours where the emergency fee is through the roof} then your looking at care for pups , lay box , shots , if anything goes wrong and they get sick thats added { we had a litter get parvo 6 months ago and cost us over $1000} things happen .. Worth thinking about at least , do you know what breed the daddy is? If your set on having the pups thats fine we can help prepare just figured I would let you know of that option incase you didnt know about it and things maybe $$ wise you hadnt thought of. How did you end up with her?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for letting me know of my options. Aborting is NOT an option as my family and I have strong beliefs on this topic. Roxy came to us at around 4 months old. She was thrown out of a car in front of a families house on a main street in our city. We got her about 9 mths ago. She is the most loving sweet submissive baby but definitely had the stubborness of the breed. We also have a male that was rescued from a man about 1 hr feom our house and he had a piece of land that he had 19 dogs, all chained and only used for back yard breeding. He fed them when he could afford it and only after he fed the females that were making him money. A woman was lucky enough to get Tango out of there but he wouldnt let go of the others. Tango had scars across is head, very underweight and scared to death. He was beat badly. Well weve had him for about 8 months and he is sweet as can be but terrified of most males. When we open their crates to go out in the morning he about breaks his neck to get out quickly. When he comes in he runs as fast as he can behind the couch and into a corner or into his crate. He is the ultimate baby. He loves to snuggle and is great with kids but it his trust issues. Hes gotten better but still assess the situation. If there a loud noise he is off to hide. My kids can climb all over him and never has he shown agression and he is loyal as can be. We have had quite a few rescues that we will purchase from the BYB just to get them out of the situation and get them healthy and find a good home. Never selling because to me it isnt about money but about happiness and love. Now that I have written a book...lol sorry. BUt we have kept them so long because their story is sad, I feel as though they have been through so much in their short life another added stress of a new home is not needed. So they have been added to the family. I just wasnt prepared nor wanting pups. Luckily I am a stay at home mom so I am able to be here in case we run into an issue. So needless to say I would have LOVED to prevent this but I am making the best out of the situation. Again thank you and any help is great.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ok I thought you had rescued a pregnant female that was bred somewhere else this was just an oops? I understand if its not your belief to abort Perfomance has posted a great link I found it very helpfull hopefully you will as well. Just prepare and have the money ready incase she needs a c section biggest pet peeve is seeing people on boards asking what they can do to help a pup that is stuck cause they dont have the money for c section { whenthey obviously had enough time to save up lol} . Can you post some pics of your dogs? would love to see them , oh and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I would love to post pics of them. A VERY BIG OOPS. All my dogs growing up and until Roxy were spayed so I had been around a female in heat. We kept her and Tango seperated as far as while outside one was in one was out. However; with 6 kiddos of my own the door opens easily and she got out with them. I have got to say that is an experience I could go the rest of my life WITHOUT ever seeing again. I was doing dishes and looked out my kitchen window and was not thrilled. I will definitely be looking at the site that was given and am thankful that you guys have been so helpful. Thanks.We have Diva Pit/Boxer, Roxy(pregnant mama) pit, Tango (pit) and we have Isis(our Razors edge, Gotti Bully)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Very cute bunch that pup is adorable got some big ol paws lol.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awwww thank you . Thats my baby Isis. Shes our only baby with UKC "PR" papers. I am having really bad skin issues with her. I was looking at where you are located. Too funny because I am originally from Bellingham, WA. I used to go up to Vancover to do my shopping....beautiful

1 - 9 of 9 Posts