Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Well I've been gone for about a month from the site as well as my boy, Whitman. I was in Thailand for a month, competing in the 2010 IFMA World Championships which is the biggest amateur muay thai tournament in the world.

Well I just got back last tuesday and was really excited to come back home and seeing my girlfriend, family and my boy of course! So my sister and girlfriend picked me up from the airport and as we walk into the house, my dog is going absolutely bananas!! Tail is wagging 100mph, he runs to grab a toy and is shaking it all over and jumping all around me trying to get me to play with him. It was funny as hell and aboslutely adorable! After about 3 mins, he forgot about the toy and was just giving me all kinds of attention. it was great :)

I will say though, he's about 8 months and wow! He grew up in this last month!! Not height or length wise, but structurely, he's bigger. I joked and said that he's finally getting his man muscles haha, his muscles just look a lot more dense. Crazy how fast they grow up! I still remember him as an 8 week old 10lb pup!

So has anyone else experienced a crazy, tail happy, home coming from their dog family members? I'm interested in hearing some stories after my long absense :)

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Every time I come home from a deployment, which was way too often until the last two years.

·
parasite killer
518 Posts
We had to rehome one of our doggies after moving and getting in trouble with the "code enforcer" since we are allowed only 2 dogs and a litter of puppies here in Burton. Anyhoo, we gave him to my sister inlaw-jays sister, and it has been years since then. Everytime we go to visit he is all kinds of happy, he'll ignore kristen his new owner and be all about us, jumping licking licking licking, and more jumping tall and butt just going crazy. Hes even jumped in the car and tried to go home with us...:( it is very sad when he does that) But even in the 4 years hes been gone from our home, he still remembers us, he still luvs us, and can still function great in his new home that is no longer so new.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww thats a great story , ours get excited after being away a few hours lol cant imagine how nuts it would be if we were gone for extended periods of time. How did you do in the championship? thailand must of been amazing

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
If I leave Vendetta for an hour I get the happy tail grabbing toys adn leaping all over the place kind of happy. I have no idea what she would be like if I was gone for a day or a week let alone a month. I don't think I would survive her happiness. :D

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
The longest I've ever been gone from my boy is three days and he just about jumped out of his skin with excitement. His tail was wagging so fast he kept hitting himself on his sides with it and he had the slap-happiest grin on his face, tongue lolling out. Then he got the zoomies and was just running circles around me, with his butt tucked under him, and his favorite rope toy in his mouth.

Gosh, I don't know what it'd be like for a month. Just thinking about my reunion with Kane at 3 days is enough to make my heart burst with gooey feelings right now. :)

How did the tournament go?

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great stories everyone, thanks for sharing! Before this trip, the longest I was gone from my boy was 5 days when I went to NYC for a fight and when I got home, he just went bonkers haha.

K8nkane - lol @ running around with his butt tucked down! Hahaha. My old dog used to do that all the time when he was excited except he would run all over the house!

As for how I did, I did pretty good this year considering I was fighting in a harder division than last year. Last year, I won gold in my division and was the 3rd american to do so. So when I went back this yar, I had set the bar high for myself. I won my first fight against a guy from spain and then lost a super close decision against a guy from the ukraine who ended up going to the finals and crushed everyone along the way. So I felt good knowing that I had a war with him and he left our fighti hurting and I felt fine.

It was a good trip though :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Reunited & it feels so good.. lol..
Aww the longest I been seperated from my baby is 3 days, he gets so happy when he sees me again. Even when I get home from work everyday.. he's crying when he hears my car pull up.. kinda feels like he's telling me to hurry up lol

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^^^ That's a great video!! Dog's are amazing :) Thanks for posting Padlock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts