Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't say no. My friend's friend owned the mom and the mom was getting real sick. They took her and the 7 pups to the vet. The vet said the mom had mastitis and so they treated the mom but since the pups were 5 weeks, they pulled the pups off and started feeding strictly hard food mixed with milk replacer from the vet.

so that is why Sinner is with me this early, at 6 weeks. I am still mixing milk replacer in his food with canned food and watering down his hard kibble. He is doing really well!!!

anyway, here he is! Revel's new little bro, Sinner. I am IN LOVE with him and his color! Fawn and whites are my fav!

Revel, 6 months now and looking so grown up!

Revel and Renic protecting the yard.... I feel pretty safe. :)

thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
he is super cute but for future refrence and those new to getting a pup, pups are noramlly weened 4-5 weeks of age from nursing on mom , but they should still stay with the litter until the min age of 8 weeks, it has nothing to do with mom. They learn how to play and interact and they lern alot of there bite inhibition and behavioural charcturistics in this few weeks with being with the litter mates. I think some confuse thinking they only need to be with mom for eating , its actually the litter they need.
He is super cute though I love the mask on him.
{ this wasnt a scold on you or anything personal , just letting others know cause I have seen this reasoning before and think maybe some just dont know } :)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
wow he is adorable! So happy for you and glad the pups were saved! Love the face mask and markings on the back. All your dogs are beautiful! Congratulations on your new addition.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Its weird I just looked again and was like wait he doesnt have a mask he is white there but on one half he does have a mask lol, very cool markings.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he is super cute but for future refrence and those new to getting a pup, pups are noramlly weened 4-5 weeks of age from nursing on mom , but they should still stay with the litter until the min age of 8 weeks, it has nothing to do with mom. They learn how to play and interact and they lern alot of there bite inhibition and behavioural charcturistics in this few weeks with being with the litter mates. I think some confuse thinking they only need to be with mom for eating , its actually the litter they need.
He is super cute though I love the mask on him.
{ this wasnt a scold on you or anything personal , just letting others know cause I have seen this reasoning before and think maybe some just dont know } :)
Im well aware of this. The lady was at her wits end with the mom being sick and dealing with all the puppies. They were her husbands dogs more so. but he had been deployed shortly after they found out mom was prego. so I took him. He has 3 others to play with at my house and I am working hard on bite inhibition and other things they learn from litter mates.

thanks for the comments, for being so young hes doing really well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cute pup and i love the dobe i have been wanting to get into them for some years but havent yet due to a project i have going.
I know a lot of the big wigs in the dobe world, so let me know if you want any info or names. best dog I've ever owned hands down.

I have owned many different breeds of dogs over the last 13 years and he is by far my favorite. Smart, athletic, goofy, protective, BEAUTIFUL, soooooo loving, super velcro dog, and a big mammas boy. wouldn't trade him for the entire world! I love my McRenerson! (his silly nick name, lol)

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
That's one cute lil pup. Love the name too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts