Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, about a year and a half ago, Indie got ringworm on her nose and shoulder blade. While she had it, Jerzi got it on her face. I figured it was from the cat we had just gotten, and that was the end of that. The cat ran away, and there are no other cats on the property, so no worries, right? Wrong. Now Rhodie has a patch on his thigh!! No shows for a few months now, for that to heal and grow fur, I guess. I put NuStock on the others, and I am treating him the same. I also bathed the girls in anti fungal shampoo, washed all the bedding, cleaned the crates, etc. How the heck is it still here? Where is it coming from?!?!

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
I have read recently that black fly and/or "no seeums" are bad this year and biting causing ringworm look alike bites. As if the tick problem wasn't bad enough already! Fortunately, I've never dealt with ringworm but wanted to throw it out there. Just food for thought....

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suspect that (and that would be better!!), but the no seeums don't cause hair loss, and all the hair dropped off between yesterday and today. I was hoping it was just a scrape, as I saw the raised patch a few days ago, but... nope!!! It's so stinking frustrating to deal with, because no matter how much you wash and treat everything, it still spreads.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
UGH well good luck and hopefully you kick it quick. Get well soon Rhodie!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts