Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It saddens me to have to tell y'all that a little over a week ago I had to put Fatboy down.I have no clue what was wrong with him.We were playing outside.I was throwing his ball for him.He stopped running all of a sudden and started hacking.It was a dry like hack at first, like a cough, then a few hacks later he started vomiting up blood.It was not like the normal type of vomit/saliva/blood mixture you would see if the dog has parvo or something.He was puking up big puddles of bright red blood.Within I would say about 20 seconds he had puked up about 6 big puddles like this.Blood then started pouring out of his nose and running down the front of him.He just layed there while still puking.
I could think of no other thing to do than to call my husband outside and bring the gun.I knew there was no way we were going to make it a vet in time.He had lost too much blood.I just wanted him to stop suffering.If he's puking like that I didn't know if his insides or stomach was hemorrging (sp) and if he was in a lot of pain.
I led him into the woods and had my husband shoot him in the head twice.At least I knew that way it was quick and instant for him.
Sorry for being so graphic.I just had to get it out.
RIP Fatboy.I couldn't have asked for any better from him than what he gave me

Attachments

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
So sorry to hear about this Lisa :( RIP Fatboy

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
RIP, at bare minimum it was fast.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww Im so sorry for your loss, how tragic. You made the right choice in my books, something going down hill so fast out of nowhere you knew you couldn't get to the vet, atleast he didn't suffer. Did you get a necropsy or anything done? would be worried something toxic he got into or something the other dogs could get ?

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
RIP Fatboy, i'm sure you gave him some good years..

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you everyone.It has been hard.I've been trying to not think about it

awww Im so sorry for your loss, how tragic. You made the right choice in my books, something going down hill so fast out of nowhere you knew you couldn't get to the vet, atleast he didn't suffer. Did you get a necropsy or anything done? would be worried something toxic he got into or something the other dogs could get ?
I didn't get a necropsy done.The kids were upset and I didn't want to drag it out any longer for them.I didn't even move him from where he died.I just went ahead and dug a hole there for him.Afterwards i went around the yard and dug up all the puddles of blood along with all the sand/dirt around it to make sure none of the other dogs came in contact with it.Then I cleaned up everything inside with bleach.So far none of the other dogs have gotten sick.Hopefully it was nothing that they can get.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
well that's good the rest aren't sick. So sorry for you and your kids, always rough on the kids:(.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about this .. tears started rolling down my cheeks as I read it . You made the rite choice though .. atleast he didnt suffer .. =[ Im am so sorry .. RIP fatboy

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
wow I am so sorry for your families loss, that has to be so hard and terrible to go though. So scary. RIP Fatboy!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
So sorry...A co-worker of mine at work, her 3 year old english mastiff just died suddenly too. The only thing she could think of that was different was the 6 month heartwotm shot her husband got the dog at the vet. She made it through the first shot and it was almost time for the 2nd six month shot . The dog Suki had ascites and vomiting and within a week ...there she goes. We looked up that shot and there was a lot of liver issues that come with that shot...In a health care provider humor kind of way...we work in a place where people die all the time and we just say "ok" and go on with it, but when one of our dogs die, we are all squalling.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Very sorry to hear :( Its never easy , but when it comes out of nowhere like that its such a shock..

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Oh how tragic! I feel your pain as our newly adopted pup died suddenly shortly after bringing her home. :( you definitely did the right thing! Gave him a great life, and his last moments were doing something fun!

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
Sorry for you loss,
it's never easy to lose a family member.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Oh, wow, I just saw this. Very sorry to read about Fat Boy's passing, Lisa.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
:( sorry I didnt see this earlier :( so sorry lisa...

still want another pup?? :) 5 months :)

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
:hugs: So sorry for your loss. Fatboy was one handsome dog, for sure.

I hope whatever happened to him was a fluke, and no one else gets affected. Almost sounds like rat poisoning, so maybe looking around their area to see if there's any more of it would be a good idea.

RIP Fatboy.

·
Super Moderator
4,579 Posts
So sorry for your loss. :(
You and your family are in my prayers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts