Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey! I have gone about 5-6 hours away with my boy, but I am going to drive to Spring Training (Go Red Sox) this year and bring my boy. I am going for 2 weeks. Its about 27 hours each way. I am super excited. I am sure he will be fine, but figured I would ask around for any advice about road trips. Going to start looking for potential BSL issues, I am hoping just to rent a room one night if I can't power through the 27 hours with my co-pilot.

Any advice or info of where to stay clear of in the following states, or if I should not stop in a particular area, I would appreciate it.

60 State St, Boston, MA 02109 to Estero Pkwy, Bonita Springs, FL - Google Maps

Starting in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Georgia and then Fort Myers, Florida when I rented a cottage (told them what Mel was, they said no problem) Seems like that area is OK and no BSL like Miami but as far as any other areas, I am just beginning to search.

Not sure of I should get a harness for the ride, or just leave him like normal, unless people know of a harness he can turn around and lay down with?

I appreciate any advice or knowledge for a road trip with a pup :)

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
...Eager to watch the Redsox catch a woopin huh lol ;) jk

Have fun and be safe! You should be alright. Worst they do is slap you on the wrist and tell you keep it moving

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...Eager to watch the Redsox catch a woopin huh lol ;) jk

Have fun and be safe! You should be alright. Worst they do is slap you on the wrist and tell you keep it moving
yeah new season new stadium, new players, new managers, its on! getting super excited figuring out money and stuff now. i usually leave him at home with friends, they are super bummed and have asked to take him when I come home for a bit, lol.

And cool, always heard horror stories, never know if they are actually true :)

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Looks like Redsox are similar to my Marlins this year...we got a buncha new things happening this year too...cool!!

But yeah, its bad for RESIDENTS in bsl areas. If you just passing thru they don't do much other than tell you that you gotta go.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha yeah I love spring training it means its gonna be warm again soon :) that's how is it around me, I guess its not the case in some areas as they can take a dog just on sight, even if you are passing through. That's what I am trying to make sure I avoid, the ones where ANY pit bull type dog is at risk, not just the residential ones :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts