Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my puppy rocky sounds like he has a hard time barking its really low almost like a grunt.. you can barely hear it he sounds like he has breathing problems but when i took him to the vet for his shots an stuff i told the lady an she checked his lungs an said his breathing is ok.. So i dont know he grunts a lot when he get real excited an plays kinda like a snort..have any of yall had any similar problems?? If so help me out please thanks Adison..

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
How old is he? Some dogs bark differently. He might just be woofing at you in play which sounds different from say an alert bark. Can you record him doing it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he's black an no hes not deaf when i call his name he comes an listens when i tell him to sit.. it souns like a woof aimee thats exactly what it sounds like lol really low. When loc barks its loud playing or alerting that someone is here when rocky tries its a really low woof. Ill try an get a video up for you to hear. Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Loki doesn't bark very excited either only when he's barking at something outside. If he's playing or nervous its always a real low woof...or he whines so loud

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
When I got Kane, his bark sounded like a quack, literally, lol.

It was only around 6-7 months that he started getting the "big dog bark" he uses now. He also snorts and stuff when he gets really excited.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
My pup didn't bark til about 8 months and used to scare himself. I think he will learn as he grows, but I don't thin anything is wrong with him. Gargamel is a big time snorter, I blame it on his sniffer. lol he snores ooo loud and stops breathing sometimes when he is on his back. The vet said he is fine, just a snorer and sleep aptnia, poor guy. I figure the breathright strips would not work, hahaha jk. I just roll him over if he is on his back.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Gracie almost got laughed out of obedience class because at 6 months old her bark sounded more like a poodle than a Pit Bull. But she eventually got her big girl voice when she was around 10 months old. So it's possible your pup's bark will change as he gets a bit older.

·
Super Moderator
4,563 Posts
Ecko doesn't really bark at all. He tends to Roo like a husky or malamute. I'm sure in time your puppy will get his bark. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts