Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of long hand walks, weight pulling, and canicross. Has anyone tried Rollerblading? I havent seen it done but thought it would be fun and easier to control etc.
Instead of worrying about bycicling or carts around here, I figured it would be a wonderful cross between walking, canicross, and weight pulling since the dog will be pulling your weight for quite a distance. Plus Rollerblading ( as mentioned befor) Is easier to control than bycicling or skate boarding. Just put on your blades, put a harness on the dog and off we go for a few miles. Of course I need to wait u till it gets nice out lol. We just had our first " snow fall" today.
Any input?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't see why not. the only thing is knowing what commands to give. stop,left,right,slow down etc. i don't know if you'd have your dog pull you all the way they will get tired, don't exert too much at first you have to build into it. just like any work that you want them to do. i'd say stay within an area your dog is comfy with and go.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I use a longboard but i only longboard her in the weekends wen im not bizzy..She loves it bout every 5min i stop and give her a quick rest & check her feet then keep going, & cos i longboard along the coast path the beach it right there so a quick dip at every break keeps her cooled down & then well its just a nice easy walk bak & drink stops at each toilet lol..

But yea first time was abit hard at controling her but now shes got the hang of it & goes where the board goes..lol..

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice
I figured it won't be too far off from walking. Like stop and etc. There's a track by my house and I can bring them there. I'll figure a way to get them to turn whether commands or leaning In the direction. They are pretty easy to walk with the exception if other dogs are near. But at that point I can use the break on the blades.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice
But at that point I can use the break on the blades.
Lucky you! lol
I have to put my foot down Or roll off the side walk haha..even wen my girl aint pulling me along lol..its hard wen you get a family walking towards you lol..i have to let go of the lead otherwise some1 will get run into lol..bt good thing about her is once i start rolling she knows its running time & dosnt really get distracted by many things lol..so she can run on past anything & any1 :D

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
If you do decided to do this make sure you you build your dog up to going long distances. I would start out with short distances. I can not rember how old your dog is but you don't want to do alot of running on hard surfaces you don't want to hurt his joints.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2 1/2 yrs old
To be honest, it probably won't be running but fast pace walks pulling me behind Is what I had In mind. And stunnah I'm 6'1 250 lol
I'm sure I can handle a little bully haha- just a tug on the leash usually subdues him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts