Go Pitbull Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well roxy is a amstaff and rokko a pitbull...and roxy is prego(even tho i didnt want it to happen he got a hold of her)but my question is how do you think the pups will come out looking?theres pics of both of them in my album so please throw me somewhat of an idea or any pics yall might have of that mix

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Do an image search for "pitterstaff" as that's what they'll be. Might I ask why they were not S/N if you didn't want this to happen?

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Oh no were they separated. I've known dogs to bust outta their kennels to get at girls. Things happen. I think they'll be cute for sure. Just make sure your prepared for the pups, it takes a lot outta you and your wallet to care for a litter. I just hope she has a small one and not one that's like 14 puppies. Our old American Bulldog Mary Jane had a litter of 14 once and she was so sucked up and beat up looking after carrying that many pups.

Another thing you can do, and it might sound hash, is to terminate the pregnancy. Ryan actually did this with Mary Jane cause Mack Broke her cage and she was under a year old and we didn't want her to have complications. She was very small and not ready so that's what he did. Also she hadn't been health tested yet cause she was so young. It's a hard decision to make but sometimes it is for the best, health wise and for the health of the future littler.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I agree if it was not planned and you want to spay the bitch anyway I would just do it now and avoid the headache. If you want to have the litter check out this website so you can learn about whelping and be prepared.

Whelping Puppies, Breeding Dogs

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
abort those puppies.
thats all i have to stay.
im sick of these "accidental" litters. which contributes to the bad rep that these dogs get.
if you didnt want it to happen then be responsible and abort those puppies and get yours dogs s/n.
*shakes head*

·
Registered
711 Posts
You won't get money from the litter. And if it wasn't planned, why weren't either dogs neutered? Or why wasn't every necessary precaution taken to keep them apart.
Health and Temperment testing on both parents is very expensive, plus are the dogs papered. or Registered? That makes them worth even less. Not only all the costs for the tests, the prenatal care is expensive too.
Personally as harsh as it sounds, the puppies need to be aborted unless you plan on paying thousands just to make sure its a healthy pregnancy, Performancekennels, or Lisa may be able to give you a price range on what this litter should cost you if it's done right

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
You won't get money from the litter. And if it wasn't planned, why weren't either dogs neutered? Or why wasn't every necessary precaution taken to keep them apart.
Health and Temperment testing on both parents is very expensive, plus are the dogs papered. or Registered? That makes them worth even less. Not only all the costs for the tests, the prenatal care is expensive too.
Personally as harsh as it sounds, the puppies need to be aborted unless you plan on paying thousands just to make sure its a healthy pregnancy, Performancekennels, or Lisa may be able to give you a price range on what this litter should cost you if it's done right
papers or no papers the dogs are worth as much as someone will pay.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Not going to flame you or ask why, etc etc. I hope you do the right thing and don't have to work at whelping/housebreaking/ and finding the litter a home. Abort the litter and be more careful.

Please.. This happens every day wether you want to hear this or not it adds to the problem so just be one less litter and know you did the right thing.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I took a look in your albums and I was curious as to the age of both dogs...they do not appear to me to be of breeding quality...no offense...I really hope you do the right thing and realize that the comments above mine are not meant to be harsh...just the truth...if you do not wish to abort the litter I hope you have the space and time to possibly keep the entire litter if the right homes are not readily available...I wish you the best of luck...if you have any questions please don't be afraid to ask...

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I have spent about 2,000 on the litter I just had and when it is all said and done I will not break even after all the puppies leave and I pay the stud fees and my expenses. It is not about making money it was about producing some working dogs for myself and co-owning the rest out. The hardest part is finding homes. Now I could have found homes easily enough if I gave them to the first person who had money but I turned down over 20 ppl ho were interested because they would not keep the dogs up to my standard the puppies are use to.

i am all in favor of aborting the litter and I also do not agree if you have dogs you never plan on breeding they have to be fixed. if you are responsible enough to keep your dogs separated then I see no problem with having intact animals. However you have to be even more careful if you are going to do that. I understand accidents happen and I had one myself about 9 years ago. I had planned on breeding the bitch just no yet. She was young and I talked with a few breeder vets about it and we agreed to let her have the litter since I had planned to breed to that male anyway. It was a risky because she was young and if I had to do it over I would have spayed her. I did not have the chance to finish her health tests and when I did her hips a year later when she was old enough they were not great. So yes accidents happen but now you really have to step up to the plate and make a tough decision one way or the other.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First of all Roxy is 2 years old & Rokko is 1 year old and im sorry i am not pro abortion whether or not its to humans or animals that is truely a harsh & cold thing to say & we never s/n either one of them bc thats just cruel like if someone were to take your ovaries & balls off when u were a baby would you like that?.....didnt think so
& also necessary precaution was taken to make sure they were seperated but **** happens

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I'm sorry but I must disagree here. Spaying and Neutering is not cruel in any way. Sometimes it can be healthier for the dog depending on their situation. Personally I am no breeder so all my animals get S/N, that way I don't have to worry about it and all is well here. They are just as happy and loving as they would be if they were intact.

·
Registered
260 Posts
First of all Roxy is 2 years old & Rokko is 1 year old and im sorry i am not pro abortion whether or not its to humans or animals that is truely a harsh & cold thing to say & we never s/n either one of them bc thats just cruel like if someone were to take your ovaries & balls off when u were a baby would you like that?.....didnt think so
& also necessary precaution was taken to make sure they were seperated but **** happens
You're just coming off as an irresponsible owner. To say that S/N is cruel is just stupid IMO, S/N of the dog doesn't really change anything about the dog. Plus we really don't need anymore dogs ending up in shelters or bad ownership because of the idiocy that we humans have. If necessary precautions where taken then you wouldn't be posting about her being prego, now would you? I'm not attacking you I'm just stating my opinion.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
These are the same sad excuses people see on Craigslist everyday... It is call backyard breeding and guess what it is wrong no matter what breed of dog it is... I spend my spare time at the Humane Society volunteering and the sad part is a dog that I walked two or three days ago is most likely not still alive today because there are NOT ENOUGH homes. Bully breeds are especially hard to place in RESPONSIBLE homes.

I vote spay/abort and you are right it is cold, THE COLD HARD TRUTH TO THIS BREED, I can tell you from experience as a breeder, a rescuer and an owner of this breed you are killing those pups already... For every litter of ten "pit bull" pups ONE will live its entire life happy MAYBE ONE!! The rest will die early from being dropped at a shelter (cause they dont stay cute pups forever), being fought to death, being beaten to death, being starved to death or euthed cause someone didnt health test before breeding or temp test and that one ends up being HA or euthed because someone tried to hide it in a BSL county or community or it runs away cause it wasnt secure in its yard/home and gets picked up by AC then goes to the shelter.

Think about these things before you run off saying abortion is cruel or spay/neuter is cruel....

Maybe you should do some more research on the national controversy over this breed and if you truly love the breed stop adding to the stereotype and for goodness sake STOP BEING A BACKYARD BREEDER.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I do not agree that S/N is cruel, what is cruel is you placing the litter and them maybe not going to the best homes and dieing anyway. If you are willing to do what is right and you want to have the litter then they should go out on contracts saying they need to be S/N by a certain age to avoid the pups your bred producing more pups. That is the responsible way to handle this if you do not want to abort the litter. Again I have many intact dogs who I never plan to breed but I take every precaution they do not get bred. If they did get bred by some accident I would not have a problem aborting the litter and spaying a dog.
The ppl who have your mentality are the ones filling up our animal shelters with unwanted pets because they are not responsible enough to handle things they way they should be handled. While I felt bad at first for you since accidents do happen, after reading your other posts I think you are not better than any other back yard breeder.
JMO

·
Registered
456 Posts
I agree with everything already said. Stuff like this ticks me off so darned bad. I am going to keep my opinion to myself. You guys can say it in a lot nicer way.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
cmon...s/n is cruel now...it's obvious that you are excited about this breeding and just trying to cover it as a so called accidental breeding...you should really quit making excuses and just be real about your byb'ing practices...quit trying to make other people feel bad for giving you real advice...open your mind

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.