Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
wheezie wayne
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well rico is now 6 months old so i think its prime time to take him to training. has anyone ever heard of a trainer named rudy drexler? I've been told by a lot of people that he is nationally known for training all the cop dogs in the midwest. hes pretty pricey but if he can train cop dogs im sure he can do wonders for me and rico. if anyone has heard of rudy let me know, thanks

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I have never heared of this person, but I was wondering what you want Rico trained to do. I'm planning on training Chalice in search and rescue. She is still young so I'm waiting abit. She does have a special toy but yesterday Mikado pulled it's ears off.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
He sounds like a pro,i googled his name and he has his own facility,sounds like a great idea to me,a canine good citizen is just what the apbt needs more of...Are you just thinking basic obediance,or possably some protection training also?

·
wheezie wayne
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cane76 said:
He sounds like a pro,i googled his name and he has his own facility,sounds like a great idea to me,a canine good citizen is just what the apbt needs more of...Are you just thinking basic obediance,or possably some protection training also?
im going for non leash and leash training, he offers protective training at 1 year old, im not sue if im gonna do it or not, have you or anyone youve known puit there dog threw protective training

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I have had the right dog for it,but not the right amount of time and $,id love to and plan to in the future..I d say a apbt of correct temp,with basic obediance fondation already layed would only benifit from pp training,a protection trained dog "NEVER" attacks with out reason,if you have the time and $ i say do it.........

·
wheezie wayne
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive been talkin to some people and all of them have said that he beats his dogs into submision. the first thing they told me when i called them was that rico has to be comfortable on a choke collar. i think im gonna go with another training place.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
wheezie said:
ive been talkin to some people and all of them have said that he beats his dogs into submision. the first thing they told me when i called them was that rico has to be comfortable on a choke collar. i think im gonna go with another training place.
I think you should, too.

I'm not a fan of aversive training. Dog training has changed over the years, thanks to trainers like Dunbar/Pryor/Donaldson. Postitive reinforcement training is a lot more fun for the dog, as well as the owner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rudy Drexler school for dogs

My name is Amber. And I have a German shepherd named cerro that I took to Rudy Drexler to be trained. The facility was very impressive and he was very friendly and explanatory. He went through and explained all of his training methods to Help me to know how to continue training and know what to do when cerro reacts to certain things. Rudy also has pictures of many of the dogs he has trained for different police departments all over the world posted on the walls of his facility. He is very professional and experienced with all breeds! I would highly recommend him for training in any of the areas he specializes in!
Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts