Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what are the rules for having a pit in des moines im wanting to get a puppy pit at the age of 6 weeks and would like to know what are the rules and stuff that i would need to get for this to be all by the books so hes not taken away from me

·
Registered
190 Posts
i was wondering what are the rules for having a pit in des moines im wanting to get a puppy pit at the age of 6 weeks and would like to know what are the rules and stuff that i would need to get for this to be all by the books so hes not taken away from me
"Des Moines, Iowa defines "vicious dog" to include the American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and the Pit Bull Terrier, and imposes stringent confinement, licensure, and control requirements (including provisions for animal seizure and disposal) upon any animals deemed "vicious" under the ordinance"

There has been a recent change to their vicious dog ordinance but before Getting any dog in the Des Moines area I would get all the info directly from the city/county and not rely on possible incomplete or misinformation you might get from any response to this thread

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do u know at what age u have to put insurance on the puppy ive been told 6 months but wasnt for sure on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts