Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says.....really why is it so difficult to take your doggie and get it trained. I've met so many people who seem to be against training their dogs and feel it shouldn't be a requirement. Why? Oh it's because they think their dogs are perfect creatures.

Today we took Akasha out for her daily walk and well her being a puppy is very curious about everyone (dogs too). So we are walking along and we meet up with this guy who has their dog off leash. Residental place dog of leash, yeah I knew this would turn out bad. I gave Akasha her commands "No" and "Stay", because our house was in that direction and we had to go home. This off leash dog comes jetting towards Akasha, and she was getting excited. Circling around the dog playing with it, and I felt this was okay....until, the dog out of no where starting mauling on Akasha. Akasha comes between my legs with tail down under neath her and starts whinning. I got down on her level, and comforted her while this dog is snarling and growling at her (this dog was about the size of a cat). I'm backing the dog off and the owner is calling his dog over and over again. This dog would NOT back down, and Akasha starting to get annoyed let out this very deep growl and started snarling.........I knew instantly what was going to happen next, so I grabbed the other dog by the collar and kept this dog away from Akasha. The owner comes over and tells me "Just chill out they are just playing!!" ~

I look at this guy and said "No" that isn't playing, and then I asked him how is your dog with other dogs. This guy said "well my dog thinks he is in charge and plays very rough with other dogs"..........I asked if he ever had any problems with DA and he said "Yes, I have but he's never hurt another dog"..........

So then I asked him well why on earth would you allow your dog to run free if he shows signs of "DA"? He retorted with "why don't you have your dog mussled (spelling)........I said because I don't need to I trust her not to be. I then told him that its very dangerous to have a dog running loose in the first place because any dog showing signs of aggression can be a lawsuit waiting to happen (did I mention the whole time I was talking to this guy, this dog kept coming up and bitting my leg). He kept arguing with me about this and I said "Well thing is, owning a breed that everyone seems to hate puts us in a situation where if your dog got hurt, mine would be blamed. You should leash your dog from now on........!"

So then afterwards I left, and not 5 minutes later that dog comes running back to us and snarling and nipping at Akasha.....Luckily we were able to get inside the gate.....

I just wish some people would keep their dogs leashed in public !!

·
Silver VIP Member
596 Posts
I would have called Animal Control or just dropped kicked the ankle biter. No joke, a dog that bites me and my dog would be seeing stars and would NEVER come close to me again.

There is a lady a few blocks away from me who has 2 old labs, one yellow and one black. The yellow lab is deaf and the black lab is blind. Both are dog aggressive, and yet she allows these two dogs to run the streets unleashed. People have to constantly avoid them in the road, swerve to miss them, and I always have to go way out of my way to avoid the place. The sad thing is the woman has a fenced in back yard! She just lets them run out front just "because". I swear I'm going to buy a cattle prod one day and use it on these labs. Maybe the woman will listen from now on.

Normally I refuse to harm an animal, but if they are coming after me or my dog, all bets are off.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully I won't have to deal with that guy again, that's the first time I've seen him......! I really do need to get a break stick though, and I'm going to be really sad if all the socializing we've done gets messed up because of some idiot ! I think the thing that freaked me out the most was, that I've only heard Akasha growl once.....When we were outside and a lump of snow dropped of the roof making a loud bang. Not to mention that is the first time I've seen her go off on a dog.......we have play dates almost everyday. She even caught her first mouse the other day.

She hangs out with these two blue heelers, and those dogs go out and hunt mice. Of course Akasha didn't kill the mice but did bring one up to me with her tail wagging ~sigh~ lol.......Not really sure how I feel about mice hunting but oh well.

·
Medal polisher for kg420
3,056 Posts
Yeah, I would have kicked that dog if it tried to get one of my dogs. All i have to say -_-
lol...everybody was kun fuuu fightinggggg ..kicks were fast ass lightinggggg..

·
Banned
3,471 Posts
Hopefully I won't have to deal with that guy again, that's the first time I've seen him......! I really do need to get a break stick though, and I'm going to be really sad if all the socializing we've done gets messed up because of some idiot ! I think the thing that freaked me out the most was, that I've only heard Akasha growl once.....When we were outside and a lump of snow dropped of the roof making a loud bang. Not to mention that is the first time I've seen her go off on a dog.......we have play dates almost everyday. She even caught her first mouse the other day.

She hangs out with these two blue heelers, and those dogs go out and hunt mice. Of course Akasha didn't kill the mice but did bring one up to me with her tail wagging ~sigh~ lol.......Not really sure how I feel about mice hunting but oh well.
Maile does this weird growling thing BUT she does it when she wants to play and Im holding onto her and she cant go play. I at first thought she was being aggressive but then I heard her do it when she wanted to play with my parents dog (whom I KNOW she isnt aggressive with). Im not saying thats the case with Akasha and its a good thing youre being safe, but...thats my experience with growling.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Had a dog come at me and one of mine....then kept at it while the owner still did not restrain the dog.....and then it bit my leg?! Oh that sucker would of been air born. I hate hurting an animal. But Im not going to sit there and be bit by a dog while the owner just eh gives no mind.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am against harming any animal , but in some cases there are exceptions and this is one I would of give him a swift kick to put the dog in check. then as for the owner i would of told him if i see his little terrorist running loose i will call animal control. We run into this every year when we go camping. We put our dogs on small runners and some of the other campers let their little hair balls run loose, last year a couple had a pomerianian that kept coming over and growling and snapping at Tank , Tank just laid in the shade with this look like he was confused should he get the dog or just stay and lay down. I told the park ranger i was tired of the dog being unleashed and that if my dog were to protect himself he would kill the other dog. thankfully the dog came over to bother Tank while the ranger was talking to me . the ranger gave them a ticket for not leashing your dog and told them if he recieved anymore complaints they would get another ticket and be asked to leave .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts