Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen Oldfort have them for his dogs. I can't find it in the DIY section. I would like to know how to construct those tie outs where they are able to go back and forth on the cable attatched to two sturdy objects like fence posts. I would like to work on it this weekend if possible. I'm not sure what they are called so i appologize. :stupid:

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Its pretty easy once you have what you need and have done it a time or two.

Basically you will need

1 1/4 steel cable to desired length
2 At least 4 cable clamps
3 double swivel
4 chain
5 cable runner

If you can not use trees you will have to run the cable from one post to the second and you will have to have guidewires for each post going to the ground and attached to an eyebolt in 2ft of concrete. This will keep your post from leaning in towards each other as your dogs pull on the cable.

I will go out and see If I cant get you some pictures. You know what they say, pictures are worth a thousand words, and I dont feel like typing that much!!! LOL

IMO these are the best setups for dogs period.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Tools you will need + cable

Clamp

Double Swivel, goes on end of chain to dogs collar, keeps chain from twisting

Cable runner

If you are using a tree, run the cable through a hose to keep from damaging the tree and clamp!

If you are using a post you can drill through the post and using the eyebolt attach these to them and tighten your cable up as it gets stretched or loosens.

You will need to put a clamp somewhere on the cable to keep the dog from wrapping the chain around the post/tree.

Hope this helps!!

Reactions: wheezie

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks so much andy! I guess Home Depot is gonna get a visit tomorrow!!! The pictures help alot! I wasn't sure what some of the tools were called, but your help is like coming from an angel :angel: lol. The dogs have figured out the fence so it's neccessary for tie outs now!

·
Auth. Top Breeder
788 Posts
very nice post Mr. Andy .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts