Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Cold weather makes for a sad little girl..
Guess it's time I step up my game and suck it up, so she can get some exercise. I sure do hate the cold though. :(

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Awww she's got such a sweet face :) I got my boy a sweater :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She has to stay inside right now anyways. It's her first heat.. and we have a lot of male labs next door and there are two German Shepherds across the alley... She has a little jacket, but I think that she outgrew it already.. her shoulders got too broad. I'm going to start running with her soon, and see how she holds up.. After this heat is over with anyways. I am still trying to find a trainer >.< this town sucks

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
awwww sad pup face is adorable :) Have you looked into a treadmill? They are usually up for cheap on craigslist and it would save you and her from being cold and still getting her exercise. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yup!! get on it girl :) this is when I was first training him, now he does full on runs for about 20 minutes at a time. That's why he was getting so many treats, we were just beginning.

Just make sure to tie the leash so they will not fall off the back if he gets off step. Give enough room to move around though. Start by giving him lots of treats just on the treadmill without it moving. Then always use a work so he knows your gonna turn it on. I tell Mel "ready" and he stops moving and looks down to see if Its moving, lol. Make sure he is comfortable around it and have him stand on it and what not. I use cheese. when he is running I don't give any treats cause I don't want him to choke or anything while running. I also put some blocks up under the front now so he is running more uphill, my treadmill isn't fancy and its super old.

MAKE SURE they have used the bathroom first, the one advice I got was to not make that mistake and you have a nasty clean up and your pup feels so bad for having an accident. No matter where I am if I say treadmill, Garagmel runs for the spare room and jumps right on. Good luck!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I love that pic. Even in sunny southern california, we are donning hats, gloves and double sweatshirts to toss the ball after dark!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts