Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I asked a couple of weeks ago about a second dog and got plenty of advice. Well it seems that fate is fate..... my cousin Leti (she s my doctor actually as well lol) , .... has a full schedule (both her and hubby are MDs ) and because the 19 year old moved out now the dog they have "Delilah" will be without a home soon because no one plays with her and they just dont have the time to keep her.

anyways shes brindle...maybe some pit , some german shepperd , ...who knows and who really cares.....i went to my nieces bday party last night and took samson....they played like they always play....hard and nonstop...they are great together.

sooooo..... i asked my cousin to fix her and i ll take her..... so dog will stay in the family and Samson and Delilah can be together like it was meant to be :)

crappy iphone pix but these dpogs were running fast!!! and delilah kicks samson ass in EVERY way lol

pictures suck but this is so perfect in every way that im doing it.... and my backyard is about the size of this one on the pix...except i have a couple of trees in between

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
looks like a big girl. Thats cool they play like that hope it all works out :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah shes about 14 months , ...looks like maybe 65lbs ....shes a bit overweight so shes gonna have to get with the APBT program and gonna slim down lol

they really are inseparable and they play rough like males , and she keeps him in check.

really gonna be great for both of them.... Samson needs a companion that will give him the fun I just cant provide constantly

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Congrats!! Sounds like it was meant to be. :)
Crate train them just in case, better safe then sorry.
She is a pretty girl.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well when im not home she ll be outside and he ll be inside. in the beginning....eventually i hope both will be able to stay in backyard when he is a little more adult

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Good for you! Glad they were able to find someone who cares to take her in. Even outside they should always be separate no matter their age. They should never be left alone together in the same space unsupervised, ever. Just want to stress that especially since your samson is still very young, and so is Delilah at 14 months :) Look forward to more pictures :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Good deal. But how come she isn't already spayed? She's a mutt :-/ I think its nice your taking her but is it safe to leave her outside when your not home? Pits get stolen all the time out of yards. You really need to crate train. Your never going to be able to leave them unattended when your not with them. Sampson is no where near mature and once the hormones really get into him he might really start pissing her off with the humping he will be doing. I've seen that start fights....you really need to take precautions with them. Its not going to be easy and we already told you crate and rotate is a must! I can't stress that enough. Glad your giving her a home but I hope she's spayed before she moves in permanently. No puppies :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh that was the condition i set for my cousin. fix her and ill take her.

as far as his aggression (hump aggression) we will crate , rotate and castrate!!! in that order lmao

im super excited i can do this for samson and doe delilah

gonna be great, she wont be stolen because shes not even close to looking like half pit, ....samson when he is year plus then he will ok in the back, buit not until he is a little more street savy ....i protect my dogs like children, ...i would never put them in a situation thats unsafe.

i have plenty of room and its just son and i. plus 2 doggies now soon!!

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
oh that was the condition i set for my cousin. fix her and ill take her.

as far as his aggression (hump aggression) we will crate , rotate and castrate!!! in that order lmao

im super excited i can do this for samson and doe delilah

gonna be great, she wont be stolen because shes not even close to looking like half pit, ....samson when he is year plus then he will ok in the back, buit not until he is a little more street savy ....i protect my dogs like children, ...i would never put them in a situation thats unsafe.

i have plenty of room and its just son and i. plus 2 doggies now soon!!
Not just pit bulls get stolen, but I hear ya. AS long as you feel safe you are good to go. As long as they are never alone, make sure your son understands too, even going to take a shower or get the mail they should not be left alone. Very happy for you :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts