Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we officially kicked off talking to kids in schools about APBTs, animal abuse and how to handle stray dogs. I took Sarge to the local elementary school to talk to about 200 kids. At first he was nervous because there were soooo many kids and they were all loud and talking.

Sarge walked in there like a champ!! I called a few different kids to the stage to demonstrate how to handle a stray dog that comes up to them and to give him treats. He was especially easy with them and even walked about 20 steps on his hind legs for one kid. All the kids wanted to crowd around and pet him and I had to make them spread out but in a nutshell he did awesome even better than I expected.:clap::clap::clap:

He made me the proudest owner in the world today!!!:woof::woof::woof:

Reactions: apbtmom76

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
omg Brook that is sooooo freakin cool and awesome, I am super proud of you both. :D

Way to go Sarge :D

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Good on both of ya for doing that! Glad to know he did so well and glad to see someone doing what you are!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AAAAAAAAAAnd now hes sleeping like a baby.... It was sooooo much work lmfao!!!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Awesome job Sarge!!!

Great job for you doing this as well :)

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Oh, how wonderful! I'm so glad that you and Sarge had such a good time and that the kids enjoyed themselves and learned a little something too. :)

Wow, 200 kids, that's a lot, was it the entire elementary school? Or just certain grades? Kudos to the school for allowing this.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just 2nd through 5th... And heres an interesting point that I forgot to mention... The school had to send a notice home with the kids advising that there would be a dog on the property before I could go in... Many parents (from what I was told) emailed and called with their disguist that the school was allowing a "pitbull" to come in... About 30 parents showed up in protest basically (but quietly) and observed and by the end of the hour they were in line with the kids to pet Sarge... I wanted to kick em but whatever as long as we as a team can make a little difference we have suceeded in something right?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Just 2nd through 5th... And heres an interesting point that I forgot to mention... The school had to send a notice home with the kids advising that there would be a dog on the property before I could go in... Many parents (from what I was told) emailed and called with their disguist that the school was allowing a "pitbull" to come in... About 30 parents showed up in protest basically (but quietly) and observed and by the end of the hour they were in line with the kids to pet Sarge... I wanted to kick em but whatever as long as we as a team can make a little difference we have suceeded in something right?
:clap::clap::clap:

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
First what you said made me angry and then I had tears in my eyes at the end. Be proud of yourself for doing what you do with Sarge! Hats off to you both :clap:

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
That is great news ... congrats to you both on a job well done. Parents protesting or upset about a "pitbull" being there eh they're allowed to feel like that what counts are the ones that came up to meet him and the childrens minds you touched. Thats what its all about .... Awesomeness for sure

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Sometimes baby steps turn into giant leaps. I'd say you and Sarge accomplished a great deal. Way to be a beacon of light within all the darkness and I'm proud of you two.

·
Registered
411 Posts
That's terrific! Good for you and for Sarge - what a good boy!

I can understand being disappointed that there were parents there "in protest", but at least they were quiet and I give them kudos for at least showing up and being willing to be convinced that their preconceptions might have been wrong. It's hard for people to change their minds once they get an idea embedded. Every positive incident counteracts a negative perception.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep it was def a good day... And sargee has been praised all day for it!!! Pampered brat!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts