Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im making the "small dog" satin balls for nismo, im just wondering do i use one box of the knox gelatin, or one of the packets that are in the box?
im just waiting to see how much of the gelatin i use then im done!

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just the packet... how old is the pup? what does the pup/dog weigh at this time?
he's about 13 months old. before he got sick his conditioned weight was about 48.6#'s, his weight NOW is about 44-45#'s. and i cant seem to get the last couple pounds on him. we also switched food's from when he was at the conditioned weight i wanted him to be.

I'm not really sure, I've never made any :eek:
you would Marty! lol

·
Registered
420 Posts
he's about 13 months old. before he got sick his conditioned weight was about 48.6#'s, his weight NOW is about 44-45#'s. and i cant seem to get the last couple pounds on him. we also switched food's from when he was at the conditioned weight i wanted him to be.

Well MHO is if he's only 13 months why is he being conditioned...? I feel pups should be pups & grow on their own & into their own... (by no means am I telling you that your doing anything wrong, he's your dog & I have no right to do that so please don't get upset...) If your showing him as a pup then I understand for the most part...lol.. What was he sick from? Try adding boiled liver with the water in his feed, that helped a couple of my 1.5 month old pups survive...

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
roe, i don't think he's doing real conditioning, just trying to get him back to his old self again.... to him that was what he looked like at his best.

Reactions: Nizmo

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Well MHO is if he's only 13 months why is he being conditioned...? I feel pups should be pups & grow on their own & into their own... (by no means am I telling you that your doing anything wrong, he's your dog & I have no right to do that so please don't get upset...) If your showing him as a pup then I understand for the most part...lol.. What was he sick from? Try adding boiled liver with the water in his feed, that helped a couple of my 1.5 month old pups survive...
yeah i guess its not quite conditioning. we working on the spring pole for a about an hour and a half through out the day every other day. then do some flirtpole and some fetch for about 3 and a half hours every other day. and we do walks every day. its nothing too serious. i just want to get him to hwere he was before he got sick.

they never really could figure anything out wrong with him. his heart was all wacko and was having problems with diarrhea and loss about 9 #'s.
so i just want to get him some what back to his old self.
and by no means would i makes him exercise when i know he couldnt handle it or if he didnt want to.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Yup just the packet but I was making the half recipe because I think if you make the small dog you would run out really quickly. I also was feeding too small of patties and Shana when she was here told me to make them bigger. So I do the size of my hand cupped together and that works pretty good. I am feeding 1 in the am and 1 in the pm then the regular food rations and it has been helping put some weight on one of my dogs.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup just the packet but I was making the half recipe because I think if you make the small dog you would run out really quickly. I also was feeding too small of patties and Shana when she was here told me to make them bigger. So I do the size of my hand cupped together and that works pretty good. I am feeding 1 in the am and 1 in the pm then the regular food rations and it has been helping put some weight on one of my dogs.
i made the small dog one into 5 balls. so not quite a 1/4 pound.
thanks for the info!

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
usually when I make mine, I make each patty a 1/3 of a pound so they get three patties a day. Everyone does it a little different :)

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
maybe it is or isnt the satin balls. but nismo has been more hyper than usual.
yesterday he ran faster than i had ever seen him before.

the half recipe make enough for a like 3 weeks if you give 2 a day. I do not have enough storage for the full recipe!! lol good luck with getting weight on him!
thanks. im going to go pick up more hamburger to make the half recipe. the small dog recipe is only going to last me 2 days.

usually when I make mine, I make each patty a 1/3 of a pound so they get three patties a day. Everyone does it a little different :)
i think im going to give him 1/4 pound patty's 2 times a day

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
maybe it is or isnt the satin balls. but nismo has been more hyper than usual.
yesterday he ran faster than i had ever seen him before.

thanks. im going to go pick up more hamburger to make the half recipe. the small dog recipe is only going to last me 2 days.

i think im going to give him 1/4 pound patty's 2 times a day
Oh man it is amazing to see the difference they can do! I had that emaciated mange dog on them for a couple of weeks and she just bounced back and acted like a normal dog for the first time in MONTHS just after the first few days!

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dont even know what to do with lol.
a 10 minutes rest and he's ready go for a couple more hours.
its like crack for dogs lol

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts