Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new dog Chico that I adopted from the shelter about a month ago is terrified of the spring pole now. When I first made it and had him on it he loved it and wouldnt let go for the longest time. But one time which was a dumb move on my part, I hung it up on my iron gym pull up bar and he was biting on it when the pull up bar came unlatched and fell down, and it scared the hell out of him, but didnt hit him. Now when I bring him to the park like I used to and set it up he will barely even go near it, If im holding onto it than he loves to pull on the other end like he usually would, but once it gets attached to something he stops. Ive been trying to slowly ease him back onto it, but it doesnt seem to be so effective, Is there anything else I can try to get him back on it, or Have I permanently damaged him:hammer: Please help me out thanks

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Give him some time to get use to it, also put it lower so all four feet are on the ground that might help.
:goodpost: Also how young is the pup? Not all pups are naturally confident when it comes to new things, working on socializing along with getting used to the spring will help. With the spring i'd probably take it down and allow him to smell and teeth the rope and other pieces to get used to it before you hang it up, might help. Work on the confidence and take your time with it, if hes real young it may take a little while before he wants to mess with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:goodpost: Also how young is the pup? Not all pups are naturally confident when it comes to new things, working on socializing along with getting used to the spring will help. With the spring i'd probably take it down and allow him to smell and teeth the rope and other pieces to get used to it before you hang it up, might help. Work on the confidence and take your time with it, if hes real young it may take a little while before he wants to mess with it.
He's a year and a half old, i play a lot of tug of war with him, and when he was really enjoying it at first he really liked it right away and i eased him into it, its just now after that incident he became really scared of it

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi. I also have a question. Kinda dumb- but here goes:
"What is a spring pole exactly and how would one set it up?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts