Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is meant by "scattered" blood or a scattered bred dog? We have seen many of you refer to certain dogs as "scatter bred" even if it is a Carver/Jeep or Colby/Watchdog. Can someone please explain the term of scatter bred to us.
We have also read some of you call some of the older bloodlines such as Boudreaux, a BYB dog. Do you all consider Colby, Carver, and Gator BYB dogs too? If so, WHY? Are these bloodlines not pure in your opinion?

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
What is meant by "scattered" blood or a scattered bred dog? We have seen many of you refer to certain dogs as "scatter bred" even if it is a Carver/Jeep or Colby/Watchdog. Can someone please explain the term of scatter bred to us.
We have also read some of you call some of the older bloodlines such as Boudreaux, a BYB dog. Do you all consider Colby, Carver, and Gator BYB dogs too? If so, WHY? Are these bloodlines not pure in your opinion?

Scatterbred means if you research the dogs pedigree you do not find consistant family breeding. You will not see the same dogs or even family of dogs in the generations of the pedigree. This means you are taking a crapshoot on the dog and what it will produce, because every dog in the pedigree is different, bringing its own genetics and qualities with it.
an example would be

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=99890

Basically they just took a bunch of gamebred dogs and bred them together but there is no consistency in the breeding, could be a good dog, who knows.

If you look in the first 4 generations of this dog nothing matches! From the
4th back the dogs look pretty good but the first 4 generations are all over the place.

A tighter one would look like this

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=257344

This is Switch's Dad.

Also BYB simply means a BACK YARD BREEDER. Its a lose term to define many things other than a strict responsible breeder. It has nothing to do with the bloodlines the breeder uses but rather how he uses them.

Reactions: wittypits

·
Registered
118 Posts
Also like you said there people with half game half show those are still scatter bred in my opinion because they shoul never be mixed together. I see you keep saying you have a colby/watchdog tech every pit bull his a colby lol. And it isnt a colby dog unless there colby dogs in the first 3-4 generation.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CaSk said:
Also like you said there people with half game half show those are still scatter bred in my opinion because they shoul never be mixed together. I see you keep saying you have a colby/watchdog tech every pit bull his a colby lol. And it isnt a colby dog unless there colby dogs in the first 3-4 generation.
We have NEVER stated we have a colby/watchdog.....
We have a Colby/Gator and a Watchdog/Gotti.
And you state everydog is a Colby? I don't think that would be possible. We asked why people like you consider Boudreaux, Colby, Gator, Watchdog and other old bloodlines BYB dogs?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
CaSk said:
every pit bull his a colby lol.
No........................

·
Registered
118 Posts
american_pit13 said:
No........................
accually in a way they are if you go far back on any dog pedigree they are all based from colby dogs do some research.

also sorry about saying you had a colby watchdog i thought thats what you said . another thing i dont consider those backyard blood by far i consider most watchdog nowadays byb.

·
Registered
118 Posts
wittypits said:
We have NEVER
And you state everydog is a Colby? I don't think that would be possible. We asked why people like you consider Boudreaux, Colby, Gator, Watchdog and other old bloodlines BYB dogs?
Here is a example
JUAN GOTTI PED
of the worlds most famous pos juan gotti if you go far enough back on his ped where they have it far enough all are colby or tud dogs. and i never said colby our boudreux are byb dogs if if it was not for them we would not have most the dogs today i am also not saying ever dog is 50 our 100 percent a colby done im basically saying 99 percent of every pitbull today has some form of colby as there very first foundation dog and alot of people nowadays will be like my dog is colby and razor edge our some crap when pretty much every dog has colby in it somehow.

·
Registered
118 Posts
wittypits said:
Just curious as to why you consider Watchdog a BYB dog? Watchdog bloodline is an older bloodline much like Colby (about 117 years old) and Boudreaux. I am uncertain about in your area, but Watchdog is hard to find in our area.
Trust me, there are many BYB's here most have Razors Edge not Watchdog or any other old bloodline.If Watchdog is a BYB bloodline then it would be easy to find and it is not. It took us near a year to find a Watchdog pup.
Well agian im refering to the bully version of the watchdog there are accually alot of bully with some watchdog in them but not the og version. just like you mention your dog gotti/watchdog. real watchdog is hard to find but not the watchdog you can get threw bully breedings.

·
Registered
118 Posts
wittypits said:
We don't own (she is Watchdog/Gott and unless you don't recognize the ADBA she is APBT NOT American Bully), nor would we ever own a "bully"(this is why we don't and will NEVER own Razors Edge) we have and will be breeding APBT's. As we stated before we did finally find a Watchdog pup, but it did take us almost a year.
What bloodlines do you breed or own? Do you consider your dogs BYB dogs?
I own a nevada/cheeks and a lonzo/jeep. I consider them byb breed but not byb blood. As i aguired them as pets no breeding there pets. I have been researching for last 2 years and still will for at least another 2 before i go and get another dog i will be going to shows and so on. And if i get any blood it will be a game bred dog.

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
wittypits said:
We don't own (she is Watchdog/Gott and unless you don't recognize the ADBA she is APBT NOT American Bully), nor would we ever own a "bully"(this is why we don't and will NEVER own Razors Edge) quote]

Doesn't really matter who the dog is registered through. They are all full of crap and registering mutts. If you are absolutely positive that your dog is Gotti - then bully blood is what you have. No matter what the papers call him.

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
I don't recognize any registry. Never have and never will.
It's a shame that some breeders give 110% to preserve this breed and have their dogs registered along side mutts. I don't think anyone is trying to insult, only dispell myths. No Gotti bred dog is APBT. Therefore no dog with Gotti blood in his ped is pure, or "true". You need to do some research and keep asking questions. If you are seriously interested in knowing what the breed should be, you will figure it out. Here is a great example of a well bred dog owned by one of our members. I'll let him post the ped if he wants to. But rest assured, there is no Gotti in her ped.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
1 We did not know that Colby, Gator, Boudreaux, Watchdog and Gotti were mutts and mixed breeds.

2What registry do you people recognize? What one do you think is NOT registering "mutts"? What one do you think is not "paper hanging"?

1. Colby, Gator, Boudreaux, Watchdog, etc are not mutts per say. A tight bred Colby dog is not a mutt. You start mixing the breeding up you could create on. ALso BYB mean Back Yard Breeder, it has nothing to do with the blood of a dog, it simply where and under what circumstances the dog was bred.

2. Unfortunately all registries are guilty. All registries! Its about the bottom $$$$$ so they all do it.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
OldFortKennels said:
1. Colby, Gator, Boudreaux, Watchdog, etc are not mutts per say. A tight bred Colby dog is not a mutt. You start mixing the breeding up you could create on. ALso BYB mean Back Yard Breeder, it has nothing to do with the blood of a dog, it simply where and under what circumstances the dog was bred.

2. Unfortunately all registries are guilty. All registries! Its about the bottom $$$$$ so they all do it.
Exactly but gotti greyline the newer watchdog camleot dangerzone chevy short shot most gaff as far as i know are all mutts. You can never trust a registy most game bred dogs are apbt if bred tight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Buz im sure thats a well bred dog but why would u want something that looks sickly? what makes that dog so much better then a dog with some meat on it?

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
I am not saying they are not well bred, and I am not trying to insult your dogs, my dog is a BYBaby...they are merely not my cup of tea...have you stacked them up to the standard??? Have you or do you plan to health test and not breed if they do not pass with flying colors??? Do you plan you title your dogs before breeding??? If not then why bother when there are plenty of breeders out there that do...

http://workingpitbull.com/soundness.htm

Not at all trying to argue or insult just conversating :cheers:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Our dogs are YOUNG

Colby/Gator male 1 year
Colby girl 13 weeks
Watchdog/gotti girl 7 months and no heat yet
Watchdog male 15 weeks

We plan to have eveyone tested before breeding.

Oh we have a Boudreaux female that is 2. We had her fixed due to her having hip displasia(spelling?).

·
Registered
118 Posts
wittypits said:
Our dogs are YOUNG

Colby/Gator male 1 year
Colby girl 13 weeks
Watchdog/gotti girl 7 months and no heat yet
Watchdog male 15 weeks

We plan to have eveyone tested before breeding.

Oh we have a Boudreaux female that is 2. We had her fixed due to her having hip displasia(spelling?).
I would like to see the ped's. Pictures dont mean shit. not trying to sound harsh but i would like to see the ped's to see exactly what you have i dont do judgement out pictures unless they over 75 pounds.

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
Bpledge3030: "Buz im sure thats a well bred dog but why would u want something that looks sickly? what makes that dog so much better then a dog with some meat on it?"

No way in hell you are serious.

wittypits:"Since certain people believe certain dogs of ours to be mutts will you please provide proof of it?"

Can you prove they aren't? Look, man. I could not care less how your dog is bred. I could not care less what breed you like. Call it what you want. Somebody lied to you, and it wasn't me. I have not looked at your dogs. I have no interest in them. It's that dead giveaway word "Gotti" that frankly disgusts me and expresses, beyond a shadow of a doubt, your level of knowledge. I'm not trying to insult you or your dogs but you have a lot to learn. In the bully world, Gotti blood may be a status symbol but in the APBT world... well, it's a joke.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts