Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dogs are doing great!

Here is a car full of screaming APBT's lol

Varro is doing great and I am working him hard and hopefully we can go for our BH this December.

Some great video of his progress

Siren is about a week from giving birth to her litter and still is doing great work. We took it easy on her today and for those that know how fast she is you can really tell she is slow running the blinds. I don't blame her that is a lot of work for a momma ready to have pups. Siren is now officially on Maternity leave I think and she is happily sleeping on the couch! lol

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
i can't see the vid of siren but Varro looks amazing, he's coming along great!!!

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
OMG, Siren looks like she is ready to pop lol poor girl and Varro is looking good!

was she tired or was she being a brat with the down instead of sit?

·
3,272 Posts
why is it telling me sirens vid id unavalible?

·
3,272 Posts
nope still won't let me view says it processing

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Dogs looks great, I'm assuming since varro is still green the handler doesn't put pressure on him right ? You are just agitating to build the drive ?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG, Siren looks like she is ready to pop lol poor girl and Varro is looking good!

was she tired or was she being a brat with the down instead of sit?
She was being a butt head, when she is in high drive or stressed her default behavior is to down. We are working on that and it is not a huge deal just maybe a few points off.
She is really tired we did Obed and then bite work and she has been sleep since we got home. She is really close to having puppies and at the earliest she can have then this Wed. Her Due date is 8-1. Then she will get about 3 weeks off then she has to go back to training. We have the working pit bull nationals in about 2.5 months and need to make the most of training. I am proud of the fact she is in such good shape or I would not push her. If she is not ready to train then we will hold off but that is the plan right now.

why is it telling me sirens vid id unavalible?
check it now

Dogs looks great, I'm assuming since varro is still green the handler doesn't put pressure on him right ? You are just agitating to build the drive ?
The handler is me I think you are talking about the guy with the sleeve, that would make him the decoy or helper.
We are putting pressure on him gradually so he gets use to it, he is old enough now. In the video we are working the bark and hold first then after the out he is backing up and whipping at the dog to build drive. Then he is giving little stick hits to get him use to being hit with a stick so it is no big deal. It is all about desensitizing and Varro does not care about the stick. Then when the helper is backing up and I am letting Varro go it is working on the escape bite and the courage test. Both is teaching the dog to target the sleeve with movement. Hope that helps ;)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Yeah I meant the decoy iPhone keyboard makes me a clumsy typed specially when it tries to auto correct everything I type haha I see you are building him step by step. At what age does he get tested?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I meant the decoy iPhone keyboard makes me a clumsy typed specially when it tries to auto correct everything I type haha I see you are building him step by step. At what age does he get tested?
lol yeah my phone does that too! What do you mean tested? for what?

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
I know she is an awesome dog in anything and everything you do with her and what a driven little dog too!! I cannot believe she is about to drop soon it seemed like you just bred her! lol! time sure does fly!!!

Is nationals for sch1 or is that something else?? sorry for the :hammer: question.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is the working pit bull terrier club of America nationals. There will be protection, weight pull, agility, conformation, sent work, and Obedience. I plan on entering several events to get a combined score and win nationals with her. That is the plan anyway! lol
Here is the website
WPBTCA | World Pitbull Terrier Club of America

·
3,272 Posts
ok i see it now, siren is such an awesome girl! i absolutly love her drive. you do great work as always lisa

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Oh man that van noise .. I need to do a video when I get ready to feed my hounds it sounds like a circus full of bulldogs. The dogs look fantabulous as always! Thanks for sharing :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
great videos. Siren looked so cute running around with her belly :) Just wondering, what do you do with all the bottles in the first video? or do you just like to recycle? lol They were at the end and looked strung together, didn't know if it was something you used for training somehow, lol.

·
Registered
776 Posts
took daemon to his 1st training session today . Its alot of fun .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts