I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow is all i have to say...

:flush::flush::flush::flush:

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
I wanted to say something but I'm not stumped LOL You guy's girls got it going on lol how about us quit guys I'm not going to hinder you girls LOL

·
Registered
962 Posts
:flush::flush:
uh not schutzhund at training. idiots learning how to get away from the cops maybe.

·
Medal polisher for kg420
3,056 Posts
hmmmm, a bit interesting I may add:)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Looks like a quick way to get your dog put down or someone mauled.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
so now anytime someone comes to to talk to the guy at his window his dogs gonna get them?

The recall also seems to be non existent.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think this video is for a guard/protection dog training service which makes since that they would be allowing the dog to train with the muzzle on in that scenario. They are training for "real life" situation not for sport such as Schutzhund or any other dog sport. I also think that the dog with the muzzle is a Presa Canario (not a APBT) which is a breed that was bred to be a manstopper, therefore it makes complete sense that it is reacting in this way under careful supervison. The first dog is being demonstrated working on the sleeve, not muzzled attacking the decoy. Just because he continues to bark after the guy drops the sleeve doesnt mean he'll bite. This is a prime example of working with prey drive vs civil drive. The first dog is worked in prey, the second dog is worked in civil. BTW Im not promoting irresponsible training, or training APBT'S to be guard/attack dogs. I just feel people should see the reasons and difference for training a specific purpose, and also recognize the breed that they "think" they see!!!

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
The purpose is obvious for professionals teaching responsible owners dog's PP/FP (guarding)
in a responsible way once a very strict obedience training has been reached. WE all know in that training should be a perfected recall, stop and sit, relax , chill SOME thing to control the dog and have him back off once he's accomplished his task. These idiots are teaching other idiots who see this how to get themselves in a lot of crap.
SMH is all I can do ...

·
Registered
67 Posts
The purpose is obvious for professionals teaching responsible owners dog's PP/FP (guarding)
in a responsible way once a very strict obedience training has been reached. WE all know in that training should be a perfected recall, stop and sit, relax , chill SOME thing to control the dog and have him back off once he's accomplished his task. These idiots are teaching other idiots who see this how to get themselves in a lot of crap.
SMH is all I can do ...
You're correct, this type of training requires the utmost control, and that should never be sacrificed. Im just wondering by watching this video, in your opinion, what would be the appropriate time for the dog to stop the attack. Im bringing this up because if this dog is being trained as a protection dog, then the attack should be called off after the attacker is controlled and complies with the handlers commands. I think it is being confused that the handler is telling the dog to "stop now". Thats not the case, he's telling the attacker to "stop now", because he continues to fight and be non-compliant. With that said, the dog is doing its job. It's goes back to what I mentioned about training attack bitework in civil drive. Dogs with civil drive, will instinctively fight back when provoked, they will not be dominated. If the handler commanded the dog to "stop" after the attacker was compliant, and the dog continued to attack, then thats not a properly trained attack dog, and means the dog/handler/owner sucks!!!

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
That entire "training" session is screwed up. They have really dropped the ball as handlers... do they really think this is a clean run? Even the untrained eye with no speakers on my work PC can see that the handler had zero control over his dog.

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
I will agree if the attacker is not complying and still trying to come at an owner the dog should still be in * protect mode * but this video is far from professional.
The handler is continuously saying stop it but he is not making it clear its directed to the attacker ... perhaps a stop and I'll call him off, quit resisting, lay still and he will be called of... granted a real situation may not be so perfect but if your doing training video is should be clear to all watching trained or not what is going on especially posting it on the world wide web where any not so bright person will try to mimic.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I will agree if the attacker is not complying and still trying to come at an owner the dog should still be in * protect mode * but this video is far from professional.
The handler is continuously saying stop it but he is not making it clear its directed to the attacker ... perhaps a stop and I'll call him off, quit resisting, lay still and he will be called of... granted a real situation may not be so perfect but if your doing training video is should be clear to all watching trained or not what is going on especially posting it on the world wide web where any not so bright person will try to mimic.
I don't know much about protection training, but I would think there would be a "stop" or "release" command... IMO when doing this sort of training...real life scenario or not, the handler should know how to work/control his dog... you can see several times he went to grab the dogs collar, but couldn't get a grip. This is just plain TERRIBLE I tell ya TERRIBLE!lol

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
I don't know much about protection training, but I would think there would be a "stop" or "release" command... IMO when doing this sort of training...real life scenario or not, the handler should know how to work/control his dog... you can see several times he went to grab the dogs collar, but couldn't get a grip. This is just plain TERRIBLE I tell ya TERRIBLE!lol
Your right IBC I looked/listened again and did not notice an * attack * command or release how ever one wants to describe it, there should be one the dog is not suppose to make up its own mind and make that kind of call to just attack/protect on its own...
I listened several times. I was trying to see if it was whispered or he use another language which is recommended by quite a few trainers. I myself was going to use a Tibetan word had I done this with Duece ... and will use a Tibetan word with any guard dog I get once I move.

·
Registered
67 Posts
All of you are right!!! This is a poor example, and not one I would recommend following. There should have been more control demonstrated. I also believe when showing this type of work to the general public, there should be just as much emphasis on proper obedience, as the actual bitework. Lets face it, thats the part that people dont want to see or fast forward through, which is very sad and disturbing because in this type of training you dont have one without the other. I think that anyone that goes out and does this type of training solely based on this type of video or any other, is an idiot and should not be allowed to own this type of animal...hell not even a shih tzu. Im not just talking out of my ass on this topic. I do decoy work for this type of training, and know proper training when I see it. Believe me... its alot different when you a have dog digging in your ass, as opposed to just watching it through a LCD monitor.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts