Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
wheezie wayne
3,366 Posts
dosnet seem to be anything scientific about there responses. Seems like most of them have had little or no interaction with a APBT. If you lined up a paterdale, APBT, corso, and presa in a line up 80% of them would not be able to pick out the APBT, of course this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
89 Posts
here is the real problem find out how many loose pitbull attacked people and hom many that were properly secured and see how many attacks there were also describe the area where the atacks happened i will garentee that 80% of them were in the middle of the slums or near them and it was by a stray in which who the hell knows what the dog has gone through not to mention they dont fight and teach other dogs to be aggressive that is why a golden retiever isnt in the news but they to have mauled people i was attacked by a siberian husky when i was 6 years old and the dog was playing rough with me but at the same time stripped me down to my underware in the middle of winter the dog was a friend of my father and he put the dog down but to this day i say the dog wasnt attacking it was just bigger than me and i was in the wrong place at the wrong time and once again the dog escaped and was loose. if rot fighting was big in urban areas then there would be alot more rot attacks than pits. i dont know but this is what it seems like to me when ever you hear about one of these attacks or the faimly dog that turns usually was a miserable dog to begin with and had bitten beforethe incident that caused all the problems.

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
Wow. I really don't want to read through all of the same old crap. The funny thing is that the people on that board obviously view themselves as educated and intellectual but I read no "science" on the first page. Nothing but a lot of speculation. One of those morons actually had several breeds give him hell.

Anyway, I'll say the same damn thing I've been saying for as long as I can remember. NOT ALL "PIT BULLS" ARE ACTUALLY PIT BULLS!!!. If the breed was actually brought out into the light where everyone could see the difference between a true bulldog and these imitations of today, I'd bet no one would beleive their eyes. I know several pit bull enthusiasts who can't even pick a real dog out of the line-ups. If I had a nickle for every "dogman" who laughed at my "small" 47# pound bitch, I'd be loaded. What about all the bullies? They pass the buck to the APBT whenever they end up on the news. What about all the mixes? Why isn't a pit/lab mix considered lab when things go wrong? Too many people use the name and that is a HUGE problem. Did you see how many times the words "big dog" were used when describing a pit bull? It's not just a size difference either. How far out of character and standard can a dog be stretched before it no longer belongs to that breed? How many generations of fat, lazy Greyhounds could you really call Greyhounds? How many gens of 50# labs who won't swim could you get away with? Most "pit bulls" the average person is going to encounter in their life will be a shitty representation at best. Wether due to lack of conf., temperment, lack of character, or whatever.

The mistaken identity problem may be the biggest problem for the breed. You know what FB's sentence should be? Community service. He should be the Federal Dog Warden. Every time a dog get's into trouble they should show it to him. If he laughs, it's not a pit bull. If he
doesn't then the owner should catch the hell, not the dog. I know most people beleive that matching a dog is the most cruel thing that ever happened to the breed but sometimes I wonder if maybe the worst thing was the old guys letting them off their yards. JMO. Tired of the witch hunt.

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
LOL. I see nothing more than speculation by people who wouldn't know a pitbull when they seen one..

I seen the comment that they should be banned simply cause of their strenght and the amount of damage they can do. Now there's a good reason..LOL

I grew up in a neighborhood where every other house had the real deal that have all been fought and every kid on the block including myself played with these dogs on a daily basis. In 12 yrs. there was never on incident with any aggression out of like 12 dogs.

People don't have the fogiest idea..:snap:

·
Registered
89 Posts
ya i agree with that but also they are being used by bad people to be guard dogs and trained to be HA that is were i think the problem is. i have seen it on tv when they bust a drug house the first thing they did was open the door and through out 2 pits which came running at the officers and were shot its not the breed its the training they are given.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts