Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
How long did it take this guy to shoot this? its hilarious, i am off to take some shoots of my model....

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't normally get worked up over "cute" pictures. but the one with the eggroll is my favorite. his smirk is priceless.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't have anything against teaching dogs "tricks". but my boy has only functional commands. he would look at me like wtf? if i told him to roll over or "shake".
i follow a very traditional style of instruction. alot of praise. no treats.
this is just my impression, but in alot of those pics it seems that dog Scout doesn't move a hair because he's frozen with fear. (that's why i mentioned it was kinda sad).
i would never teach my dog to do something using fear as an instructional tool. and i've never taught a dog to stay completely still.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i don't have anything against teaching dogs "tricks". but my boy has only functional commands. he would look at me like wtf? if i told him to roll over or "shake".
i follow a very traditional style of instruction. alot of praise. no treats.
this is just my impression, but in alot of those pics it seems that dog Scout doesn't move a hair because he's frozen with fear. (that's why i mentioned it was kinda sad).
i would never teach my dog to do something using fear as an instructional tool. and i've never taught a dog to stay completely still.
thats why im trying because when i try and teach my dog something i dont get frustrated or yell at him to make him scared, therefore its a lot harder

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats why im trying because when i try and teach my dog something i dont get frustrated or yell at him to make him scared, therefore its a lot harder
the right way to do anything in life is usually the most difficult but also the most rewarding.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
I don't train with fear, but my dog has this look when I tell her to "wait" (freeze!) for anything. I think it's more the utter temptation of the food, and the dog not wanting to displease his owner. Plus, balancing some of the heavier stuff is a lot of concentration.

Anyway, looks like the owner, regardless of training methods, loves and cares for their dog. That's what matters.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts