Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got these two numbnuts (athena and samson) playing in backyard ....they seem to be infatuated with nipping at each others mouths....

i assume not...but is there any way around getting then NOT to end up with scratches and baby war wounds around the mouth???

yes if they dont play its a given lol....

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Mine do that too although I dont often find wounds around there mouths I think they know how to play without drawing blood. Occassionally ill find the odd scratch somewhere on them. Unless yours are just viscious about it probably wouldnt have to worry just stay close to break it up if it crosses that line. Have you found alot of wounds? Only thing is when we had pups here like under 4 months they would leave lil marks they had sharp baby teeth.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are scratches.... but u can see just dried up blood but not even a drop ....like no broken skin.... kind of what u would get if u ran a needle across skin and make it bleed without breaking skin....

never had 2 dogs at once so i am just asking things that are new to me

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
Give them a little time to figure out how hard is too hard. Just watch closely and make sure you have a breakstick. Just in case.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will do ty ... (its mainly on samson.... he is not as rough with her as she is with him.... shes 24lbs hes 55lbs )

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here s a clip of them goofing around a lil ..... he has way too many lil scars now that i check carefully....im gonna bathe him and see whats dirt and whats blood .....

do u guys use water spray bottles to correct behavior?

A & S | Facebook

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
Doesn't look too rough to me. May be she was pulled from litter too soon. Just keep on top of things and teach them an out command. Out being stop what your doing and lay down. Then when you think things are out of control out them and they relax for a minute before you release them.

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
I agree with Shanna... seems she didn't learn bite inhibition, from you've described. Also sounds like she's still kinda young. Has she gotten her "big dog" teeth yet (meaning her adult teeth)? She may be just testing out the new set of choppers if she has. I would stay a lot closer to better monitor the situation, though, if I were you. Not trying to preach or tell you what to do, but you haven't had her 2 weeks yet, have you? And, even if you have, it's still not wise to let them play without you being right there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts