Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took my puppy to the vet and got her some antibiotics for her scratching.. She took it for about 3 weeks and the scracthing stopped however now it started back up again. I dont know if its' the shampoo or i was also told that it's common for blue pitbulls to have skin problems any solutions please post

THank you

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I would think that if the scrating stopped with antibotics then it must be an infection if it was an allegery she would have been on a steriod too. Have you changed foods laundry soap ? How often do you bath her?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
My blue female,Diva, just went through that same thing .. She would scratch .. and scratch.. and scratch.. driving herself crazy and us too! -L- We tried all different kinds of shampoos .. and finally I started to bathe her everyday in this oatmeal dog shampoo (i can't think of the name of it right off hand).. and we put medicine on her hot spots and now she is much better .. seems like it took awhile .. she had even lost hair .. she looked really bad! .. but now the hair is growing back and she doesn't scratch nearly as much.. I've heard the blue dogs are prone to skin problems .. but my male blue has never ever had an issue with skin problems .. Guess it depends on the dog?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanky you.I called the doctor and they also said that giving her small dosages of benedryl should help to. If that doesn't then i'll try the oatmeal bath. I'm really not wanting to go to that doctor again and pay them another 80 to just seem the same result..

Blue Davis

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O and jenny poo can you send me a picture of your pit with cropped ears the one you have on display now?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
BlueDavis said:
thanky you.I called the doctor and they also said that giving her small dosages of benedryl should help to. If that doesn't then i'll try the oatmeal bath. I'm really not wanting to go to that doctor again and pay them another 80 to just seem the same result..

Blue Davis
Did the doctor mention or ask you about the food, perhaps to rule out any potential food allergies?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No actually they just ask me a few questions about where she was scratching and told me it is probable allergies and that i should try the benedryl and see how she does before i come in. She has been eatin 2 different kinds of foods and that may be a cause of it because i take her to a friends and they leave the food out.. So i believe if i stop that and give her the benedryl for a few day's she'll be back to normal..lol because i'm definetely tired of holding her feet so she doesn't scratch herself to death

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
LOL Awesome!!! Thanks!!! I have a page on piczo and i have a pitty page, If ya's wanna contribute some of your pitbulls pics, that means everyone, I will love ya all!!! hahaha, You can go check it out if ya like?? www.amanda0681.piczo.com hahaha its fun!! You can make your own pages too if you are board!!! LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts