Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Mel has a bump on his side and he discovered his back left paw can reach it if he squirms into a weird shape and then he scratches. I am going to another vet to get a second opinion the end of this week to see if it should be removed. (the results are normal but they want to remove it still hence the second opinion) here is the thread about the bump: http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/39481-poor-gargamel.html

In any case, a cone will not work since he uses his paw to scratch the bump, I taped a sock over his paw but he just rips off his socks. I crated him cause he can still reach it to scratch in his crate.

Anyone have a solution to how to stop the back paw from scratching the side? I was thinking a cone/sock combo, but have not tried that yet, figured I would see what people say before I torture him that bad, lol.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give him benedryl to stop the itching.
he is on benadryl for his allergies. The problem is a bump which may or may not be related to allergies. Its on his side that was to be removed, but it has not gone away. I am getting a second opinion, in the meantime he is bothering the bump and making it bleed with scratching when I am not there to stop him. Its because it aggravating him being sore, not cause it actually itches. He didn't bother with it for weeks until yesterday for some reason and now he sliced it up with his toe nail, and I need him to not bother it anymore until I get to the vet.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, he almost strangled himself trying to get a tshirt I tried on him off. Anyone else got a suggestion? I can't be the first to run into this problem, lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't know much about bumps but I will tell you what I use for itching. I have two dogs whom both have allergies and I give milled flaxseed in the food. You can buy it at almost any grocery store and it does allot of good. I recommended it to a friend of mine who has a bitch that was missing half her coat and it really helped her. One of my male dogs who has severe allergies would scratch until he had bloody pustules on his side and under his armpits. I used gold bond medicated powder on the pustules and itchy spots along with the milled flaxseed in his food and he is allot better. I don't know if either things will help you but no harm in trying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts