Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, NOT by one of my dogs!!! It was a neighbors which looks to be a pit/lab mix maybe. The kid whose dog it is/was saying it's a pit bull but it's not 100%. Anyways......the dog lives/lived next door. Owners are not our neighbors but a family that has been staying with them for a little while. The dog is chained up out back 24/7 (do not take this as me saying chaining a dog makes it aggressive! Just stating fact). Well, the 14 year old kid had it out on a leash yesterday and had it in my driveway. :mad: Apparently telling all the kids they could pet him. My son reaches out his hand to let the dog sniff him before just petting the dog. I guess as soon as my son's hand got close the dog snapped. Luckily it was a snap and release.

I hear my son screaming and run outside. My daughter, Lauren 11, was with him and wasn't freaking so I thought it might not be a huge deal. She was just trying to calm him down. Come to find out, she had glanced at the bite and thought it was just a scratch. I get to him and as soon as I see it I realize it's time to go to the ER.

I wasn't just a puncture. It's more like a puncture and pull on the palm of his hand. I'm guessing from the kid reacting and pulling on the leash.

Get him to the ER and over 4 hours later we're home. No stitches because it's so deep (and a dog bite) it needs to heal from the bottom up and needs to be able to drain. Poor kid was a trooper. Felt MISERABLE for him when they had to clean it. I think that was worse than the actual bite. Got his hand bandaged up real well and has a splint so he can't move his fingers. It's gonna be awhile before this one heals!

On to the dog......it was so late last night that animal control shows up this morning. Now even though this is my son, I don't know the exact story because I wasn't there. So I wasn't screaming to animal control to seize/destroy the dog, initially. That being said, come to find out from talking to the owner of the house that she never trusted the dog and this isn't the first time the dog has bit someone. I guess the dog has bit the owner before!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Now I'm pissed!!!

Luckily, our neighbor said that she doesn't want the dog at her house anymore. Animal control seized the dog for quarantine. Our neighbor said that even if the lady staying with her wants the dog back that we don't have to worry about the dog coming back.

The 14 year old boy walking the dog almost got a beat down!!! Not by me though, my daughter Lauren! :clap: Right after it happened and I was attending to Sebastian, I guess this kid tried to blame my son for what happened. Lauren and my son may fight but she wasn't having that BS!!! Lauren proceeded to get in the boys face and tear his arse a new one!!! I didn't want to but I had to do the right thing and make her go in the house, I guess.

So, my son seems to be doing OK today. He already is out playing. I have to keep yelling at him to keep his bandages clean. Here's some pics. The pic of the bite doesn't do it justice. When the doctor was looking at it you could see muscle. Once again, another ignorant owner causing an issue!

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
awww... poor Sebastian ,, Diesel got into my finger when he was a pup going after a treat and left a nice deep gash that balls of tissue were hanging out so i know the feeling.. doesnt feel good

·
Registered
74 Posts
He really looks bummed out, I just don't understand some parents. They know its HA and has there son or whomever roam around with the dog letting people (try) to pet it. I hope this doesn't scare your son away from nicer, responsible owners. Hope it heals quick!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, he was pretty bummed. I was worried he'd be scared of Athena today but he's not. The actual neighbors were very apologetic and made it clear that the dog wouldn't be back. I've yet to hear an apology from the owners of the dog!!!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
owwww, I got bit in the exact same place got one punture in the palm and 2 on the back of the hand { except I didnt go get medical attention we cleaned it at home , really well but it was like you said very deep and I got an infection , hand was the size of a softball} . Id have let your daughter at him lol , wat a joke they know the dog has bit before yet tells kids its ok to pet him? what were they thinking. finding out this is strike 2 on the dog I woulda pushed for euthanization these people obviously dont learn lessons very well. Glad your neighbor has some sense and isnt letting the dog back there. Hope your son feels better and it heals quickly , poor kid.

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Wow! Sebastian is a real trooper huh!? Poor guy. Hope he feels better soon, and I'm very glad to see he's not shying away from the dogs at home. It may be best from now on, for his safety, that he's not allowed to pet any strange dogs unless you or Mom are around, ya know!? At least, that's how I would handle it with my kids. Glad your actual neighbors aren't allowing the dog back at their house, regardless of the owner's feelings. Irresponsible owners of any breed = accidents happening. Give Sebastian some love from me and tell him I hope he feels better soon. Tell Lauren good job for sticking up for her brother!! Way to go girl!

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Poor poor thing. Yes,that dog needs to be pts...I'm pretty sure it will be.
I hope this doesn't make him shy around strange dogs.
it seems like he was being careful,and letting the dog sniff first.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Poor guy! I hope something is done to that dog... :mad:

·
Registered
776 Posts
i got bit like that 2 times now
once by a attack trained GSD that belonged to my uncle and once by my own dobie. it hurts WAY more than youd think by lookin at it. poor kid

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
i got bit like that 2 times now
once by a attack trained GSD that belonged to my uncle and once by my own dobie. it hurts WAY more than youd think by lookin at it. poor kid
It sure does , all the nerve endings are in the hand and fingers it hurts bad even the minor cuts you get on your hand. it took a long time for all my strength to come back when my hand got infected { and prob wasnt from infection prob just from the injury itself} that boy is one tough cookie sittin there like that.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Poor guy. He looks so sad in that pic :( I don't know what goes through some people's heads. My stepson will be 14 this year and even though I know my dog is well behaved, there's no way I'd just let him take Dosia out of the yard by himself. They don't get to play where I can't see them either. And just knowing the dog was a biter makes it even worse. What if that crazy dog mauled her own kid. Jeeze people make me wanna slap em!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
That has to hurt! Some people shouldn't even have goldfish let alone dogs.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Poor kid. :( Hope hes feeling better.

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
What a trooper. I hope he heals fast so he can get back to playing in the dirt like boys do. :)
It sucks that some people just aren't very smart.

Good onya for not beating down the owners and keeping your cool.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Id have let your daughter at him lol , wat a joke they know the dog has bit before yet tells kids its ok to pet him? what were they thinking. finding out this is strike 2 on the dog I woulda pushed for euthanization these people obviously dont learn lessons very well. Glad your neighbor has some sense and isnt letting the dog back there. Hope your son feels better and it heals quickly , poor kid.
Lauren wanted to get the kid BAD!!! LOL! He's 14 and she's 11 and he's about 6 inches taller. Don't think it would have mattered though had I let her loose! She's HA in every sense of the word!!! LMAO!!!

Owwie. Awwwe. Look at that face, poor lil guy. Don't take this the wrong way or anything but at least it happened to you (someone who educates themselves on the breed) & not some pitbull hating ninny.
No, I understand. Just wish my kid didn't have to go through this for something to be done with the dog!!!

It may be best from now on, for his safety, that he's not allowed to pet any strange dogs unless you or Mom are around, ya know!? At least, that's how I would handle it with my kids.
Yep, one of the first things I told him after everything calmed down was that he wasn't to go to ANY strange dogs without me or mom present. Even if the owner swears the dog is fine and even though he was doing the right thing by letting the dog sniff him.

Poor poor thing. Yes,that dog needs to be pts...I'm pretty sure it will be.
I hope this doesn't make him shy around strange dogs.
it seems like he was being careful,and letting the dog sniff first.
Suprisingly he's doing just fine with the dogs. He was more concerned that he wouldn't be able to play with the actual neighbors dog that is great with the neighborhood kids.

tough kid hope it heals fast
Thank you.

OMG poor baby! Happy everything will be ok but it suck he had to go through that for the owners ignorance.
Thanks. I get more upset thinking about it every day. The situation was totally avoidable!!! Not my son's fault no matter what the punk a$$ kid tried saying after the fact!

Ouch! That has got to hurt. What a trooper! Hoping it heals soon.
Thanks!

That has to hurt! Some people shouldn't even have goldfish let alone dogs.
Agreed!

Poor kid. :( Hope hes feeling better.
Thanks, he is doing better. It's still really sore which is to be expected. Changed the bandages yesterday and was paranoid what it was going to look like. Other than being a little swollen in looked really good. Well, as good as it can I guess. No redness and only a little bit of ooze but nothing discolored. He's in for a long healing process though. :mad:

What a trooper. I hope he heals fast so he can get back to playing in the dirt like boys do. :)
It sucks that some people just aren't very smart.

Good onya for not beating down the owners and keeping your cool.
Thanks! LOL about the dirt. As ou can see in the pic how dirty his jeans are. What you can't tell is how filthy the rest of the boy is! I think I told him he needed a shower like 50 times in the ER! LOL! He's definitely a boy in that aspect!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One thing I forgot to mention was about Athena and Smudge. I don't know if they sensed what happened or what but when I ran outside they bolted out behind me. Scared the heck outta me because I thought they were gonna break through the fence to get at the dog. They don't like other dogs but never seen them like this! Don't know if they knew what happened or not, like to think they knew, but either way, I must admit I was tempted to......RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!! LOL!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.