Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new to the forum, I came across it doing some research on my dog Lu having seizures. If anyone has some feed back I would greatly appriciate it.
Heres her story.
Lu is a 4 year old female, her first seizure was 2 months ago. She had her first one at 4pm I took her straight to the vet and the did blood work and ask all the basic questions, if I had changed anything in her diet or if she could have eaten anything, all my answers we no. So as Im waiting for her blood work to come back she had another one in the waiting room. Lu stayed the night so they could watch her and came home and is on the drug Keppra 3 times a day. Things were going ok and then on the 18th of November again around 4pm she had another one. I knew she could have them again so I just logged it and didnt call the vet. Then at 4am she had another then at 6am another so i took her right away. They did more basic blood work, everything ok but they changed her med from 750mg to 1000mg. Yesterday around 4:30pm she had another one, then again this morning around 10:30. The vet says he wants to put her on phenobarbital along with the Keppra. ?
So if anybody on here can maybe tell me what there dog is on please let me know.
Thank you

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Hi, I have dealt with seizures in a pit before, my girl, Penny (RIP) was diagnosed at 2 years old as being an epi and I dealt with it for 2 1/2 years before she went to the bridge. I have no expierence with Kepppra but have heard mixed reviews about it, seems an awful high dosage of Keppra though. Penny was on Pheno and Potassium Bromide. Each one twice a day. The pheno when upped to the right dosage helped make her seizures lesson, I also changed her diet to a grain free one, no grains period and her exercise was cut to a minimum as when she got excited or had to much going on it triggered one. Please keep the log, it is the best way to keep track and will help you along the way.
Also make sure your cleaners, candles, things like that at home are good and put up, not sayin they aren't just tellin ya. We couldn't burn candles in the house with Penny, cause it would trigger a seizure, it could be enviornmental or just stress/hyperness related. Here is my e-mail, you are more than welcome to contact me anytime: [email protected]
Also check out this site, it is great and the people there are awesome: Canine Epilepsy Resource Center & Home of the Epil-K9 List. Give your girl a hug for me, just remember she has no clue what is going on and try, I know it is hard, but try to remain as calm as possible when this happens. Hugs to you both.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts