Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,313 Posts
I would try the puppy shampoo's which are generally milder. Is there something in particular that your dog is alergic to? If it doesn't have grain allergies you could try an oatmeal based shampoo.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I use Dr. Harvey's it's organic and chemical free. ImageUploadedByPetGuide1459521743.780542.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Depends on what kind of sensitivity you are talking about. I use colloidal oatmeal ones as a regular shampoo. I used different brands, just read ingredients and make sure there isn't anything harsh or that disagree's with Lump. He also gets allergies to a lot of different things as well as gets prone to getting yeast infections on his toe nails. So I do this one SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic & Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo for Dogs.Like once a month. It took me years to get bathing and diet correct on him. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
I use Douxo products on Ecko. The one with the orange print has phytosphingosine in it. My vet explained that this is something a normal non-allergic animal create a lot of to protect the skin against allergens. Animals with allergies or other immune deficiencies don't create enough. So the shampoos and sprays and wipes help build it up. It's done wonders for Ecko. And thankfully it doesn't smell bad like some other stuff we've tried.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts