Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that it would be best for every one if the boys stay separated from now on. Since Marley has cancer I wouldn't want him to get hurt, or lash out if he isn't having a good day. I've been rotating them in different yards. today Dosia just laid next to the gate acting sad like he misses him :(

sorry for the quality, it's from my stupid phone.
Do you think they'll get over it or are they just gunna mope about it. They look kinda sad :(

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
IDK might take some time. If my boys a separated, they get really sad. Hope it all works out but you are doing the right thing.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
You can have them together if you are there with them, maybe that would help. Marley might get stressed by not having Dosia around. I understand about why you would separate them but maybe letting them be together supervised.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
:( Sad dogs. I'd say you're doing the right thing even though they can't understand it. You'd feel worse if Marley got hurt accidentally.

·
Registered
471 Posts
awe they do look really sad .. =[ don't really know about the separation thing , never had to separate two dogs that could tolerate each other .. your doing the right thing though , noone needs to get hurt be it marley or dosia .

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
poor pups, but I am sure you know them best. better to be safe than sorry. and sadly Dosia will have to get used to be alone anyway so I can see why you would start now. poor Marley!

·
Registered
471 Posts
You can have them together if you are there with them, maybe that would help. Marley might get stressed by not having Dosia around. I understand about why you would separate them but maybe letting them be together supervised.
didnt even think about the , but it may make marley depressed to be away form him ..

·
Registered
795 Posts
Omg, I had no idea! I am so sorry to hear this:(:(:(

Dosia and Marley are definitely my top favorites, and it hurts me to hear this.

You guys will be in my prayers! Be strong girl!

If Marley and Dosia are as inseparable as Molly and Annie, there is absolutely no way I would be able to keep them separated. They would freak!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Somedays ill take one of my dogs with me to work and leave the other at home with their mother (they are brother and sister) and o m g do they know the other is gone... they have never been seperated, prolly should have been one of those things you try to get a dog use to growing up as a puppy.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for the input. I wasn't really too sure what to do they both look so sad :(

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
i totally agree with Lisa. I'm not sure about you but my girls follow me around EVERYWHERE and if the are not in their crates they are with me and i watch them. There haven't been any problems so far but I know I am doing the right thing keeping them apart when I am gone... I think they would be sad if I separated them. They sleep together when we are watchin tv, they lay out in the sun together.. yadda yadda. Give them kisses from me and the girls!

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Aww, poor boys :( You're doing the right thing though, its better to rotate them at times because you wouldn't want either of them to get frustrated with the other and something happening. But I agree with above and maybe try some supervised play time every once in a while. By the looks of it, at least they can still hang out and lounge with each with the gate in between them so its not like they're never seeing each other.

Hope it all works out kg :)

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
I'm so sorry you and the boys are going through this. I do think you are doing the right thing by separating them, but agree with others that supervised play time would be beneficial for both dogs.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all so much. I think we'll do some supervised play time during the day and then maybe a walk together before bed. Marley seems to be taking it way better than Dosia.
My concern was Marley has become very snappy with Dosia lately. He's fine if they are laying in the sun or sitting in the pool but he doesn't like to play anymore. When Dosia tries to get Marley riled up and into chase mode he just barks like he's mad and then finds a spot to lay down, so I was thinking it would be a good idea. If Marley actually snapped on him and they really got into it, one or both would be seriously hurt and I don't want that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts