Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys were waiting for this..hahaha

Pup is 9 weeks

Crate (Divider) with big play pen attached, two toys (kong, Rope), and wee wee pad (too cold to potty train outside).

So this guy doesn't even want to eat alone, and has escalated to temper tamtrums destroying the wee wee pad and turning over his water.

Ill serve him his breakfast go back to the bedroom for 10 minute nap and he starts with the crying again, eventually he stops cause I do not pay him any mind while he is acting up.

I use a flirt pole to try and tire him it works but he still wants to be around people, he stays in his play pen just fine as long as I am visible once I am not he starts again.

Any suggestions?

I have a feeling most will say this is only temp and he will grow out of it since this environment is still new to him. It is just kinda annoying since I have to ignore.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
at 9 weeks you should be mostly concerned with exposure to a wide variety of stimuli. sights. sounds. places. smells. people.
that will have a huge effect on his confidence and in turn, help the anxiety.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
I think you're doing the right thing by ignoring the whining. At 9 weeks this is probably more of a puppy trying to see how far she can push boundaries in order to get what she wants, rather than actual separation anxiety. Keep reinforcing the good behaviour and ignoring the bad, and as said above, socialization should help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts