Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it separation anxiety or not but she won't go to sleep unless she's right up against either me or my boyfriend. It's ok if we're on the couch and she takes a nap but it's a pain at night. There's not enough room for her in the bed since she's such a bed hog so we put her in her bed on the floor but she won't go to sleep. She waits about 10 minutes in the floor and then jumps in the bed cause she thinks we're asleep. If we're awake she jumps back down and waits 10 more minutes and this goes on until we're asleep. And we cant put her in her crate because she'll just stand there and pant and cry so we still cant get any sleep. The only time I can get her to sleep in the floor is if I lay in the floor with her until she falls asleep but I can never get back up without wakin her up. And if she's in the bed and I scoot away from her she scoots right back up against me. And if I make a sudden movement she jumps up like I'm about to leave her. How do I make her stop????

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
NesOne said:
You put her in her crate and buy some ear plugs.
Give her bones to chew on and make it comfy.

That or buy a bigger bed lol..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
american_pit13 said:
Give her bones to chew on and make it comfy.

That or by a bigger bed lol..
She's got a mat in there and a bed and a comforter and she won't even touch any of her bones or toys or anything. When I was trying to crate train her she went several days without eating because she wouldn't touch her food. And I would love to have a bigger bed but that still won't work because she's a bed hog and she always has to touch me so she's usually in my back and I wake up with my back hurting.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
jboo101907 said:
Is there anything I can do to make her stop feeling like she always has to be touching me???
Ever watch Cesar Milan (Dog Whisperer), when he jabs the neck with 2 fingers and makes the shush sound? Do that every time you don't want her near you.

3,968 Posts
i agree get some ear plugs and buy a toy kongs work well stuff them with peanut butter and some treats dogs go to town on it! what i did with onyx was i never locked his crate but when he started whining or acting up i would loudly lock one of the hinges i made sure he saw me do it. if he still acted up id do the second one. again a blanket goes over the crate soon he got the gist of it. and after a while i only had to get to one hinge he would behave i would unhinge it and if he wanted he could come out. and his crate is also full of fun things for him. i think the blanket over the crate works great.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hell no they wont go said:
i agree get some ear plugs and buy a toy kongs work well stuff them with peanut butter and some treats dogs go to town on it! what i did with onyx was i never locked his crate but when he started whining or acting up i would loudly lock one of the hinges i made sure he saw me do it. if he still acted up id do the second one. again a blanket goes over the crate soon he got the gist of it. and after a while i only had to get to one hinge he would behave i would unhinge it and if he wanted he could come out. and his crate is also full of fun things for him. i think the blanket over the crate works great.
Tried the kong thing and it didn't work. I've tried feeding her in it and she didn't eat. I've layed in there and she looked at me like I was stupid. I've made her sit in there with the door open while I was blocking the door and pet her. She's scared to death of the thing. We were putting her in there when we left but she would rock the crate until the bottom latch came undone and she would squeeze out of the bottom of the door and she'd cut her face so we stopped trying to crate train her. We may just try it again so she'll learn to sleep in it.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Seriously your gonna have to put her in her crate and just deal with her crying I made the mistake of letting havoc sleep with us when she was a pup then she got to big and when I put her in the crate she wouls houl for hours so I put her in the room farthest from ours and it took about a week before she stopped whining all the time.................. She'll eat when she get hungry trust me this is just something your gonna have to do if you want her to get use to it.........cause she knows now what she has to do to get what she wants

1 - 10 of 10 Posts