Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys im in a serious pinch . I need a kennel and dont know how to go about doing it .. my neighbor behind me cant seem to keep his gsd in his yard and I have taken this dog home probably 10 times in the last two weeks .. Izzo is DA towards other females now and this dog happens to be one .. so I have decided to get a kennel and now I have no idea what to do or how to get one lol .. money it tight rite now .. does anyone know a easy way to get one how maybe a organization that allows you to pay one off like a layaway at sears or something .. ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I understand your bind, but it doesn't seem fair that you have to sacrifice your expenses because someone else can't keep their dog in the yard. However, I know life isn't always fair, but the only thing I can think of is to go try craigslist or ebay. I bought $150 crate for $20 from someone who was just trying to make space and get some cash. Sorry, that is the only thing I can think of. Goodluck

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Have you tried second hand maybe like on CL or similar sites? post in wanted section too . Im assuming your looking for like a dog run? could also look for fence panels and build it yourself. Id be placeing a complaint with the local shelter or whoever about the lose dog or better yet next time take him and drop him off there so the owner has to pay to get him out maybe then get the message to contain his dog. Im assuming though that since he can get in yours can get out?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Down here we have like this paper called a bulletin board its like a newspaper,just a little diffrent its always some in there for cheap. So if you have something like that where your from look in there and im sure you will find one for cheap

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried second hand maybe like on CL or similar sites? post in wanted section too . Im assuming your looking for like a dog run? could also look for fence panels and build it yourself. Id be placeing a complaint with the local shelter or whoever about the lose dog or better yet next time take him and drop him off there so the owner has to pay to get him out maybe then get the message to contain his dog. Im assuming though that since he can get in yours can get out?
Oh no lol Izzo and Wieser havent ever gotten out .. I have a six foot fence .. and there pretty good about not putting there noses where it shouldnt be .. Im pretty sure that the dogs dog house or something is in the back corner and it is using it to jump the fence .. as for AC they do NOTHING in my city but po the people you called on .

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yeah how does his dog get in without yours getting out? just curious lol Sorry I don't have anymore ideas and think its lame that you have to come out your pocket to fix his problem.

Can you go to a local fencing company and see if they have any fencing they would otherwise toss, like extras from some jobs or what not...

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
oh ,maybe ask the neighbor to move the dog house or whatever he is using to jump over so he cant do that. Explain your dog doesnt like others and the last thing he will want is a vet bill since he would be at fault since your dogs are in your yard vs his not being. Or is he not the type you can talk too?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ORRRR even cheaper if he is comming over top of the fence runa hot wire along the top, its pretty cheap at the local co-op here, check the hardware stores.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ORRRR even cheaper if he is comming over top of the fence runa hot wire along the top, its pretty cheap at the local co-op here, check the hardware stores.
Lol in all honselty I have considered doing this .. I will try to go over there and talk to him .. I have before but it just doesnt seem to get through to him .. Izzo is so small compared to this dog I dont think he fully understands the damage that can be done .. I really dont want to have to call AC but thinking about it I might need too .. which really sucks .. but then again , I have to worry about my dogs before anything ..

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
Call animal control, if he gets into your yard. Its not fair for you to pay money for his irresponsibility. I hate my neighbors theirs a bunch of idiots.

Either way you want a kennel, for when you go out somewhere. That way you dont leave your dog unattended, someone can poison your dog, or the dog can runaway.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
where are you located? If you're anywhere near Indianapolis, I have a crate you can borrow indefinitely. :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im in michigan .. around the detroit metro area .. I have crates .. and I use both of them . I talked to the guy today and helped him place his garbage cans not my the fence lol GSD must be like cats or something . He was pretty cool about it . I just worry cause it seemed like his dog was smarter then he was lol =D But the "jumper" didnt come in my yard all day today .. so hopefully everything will work out fine .. in the end though I really do need a kennel .. even though I have a privacy fence ..

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
glad he was cooperative and you could talk to him. Thats always the best outcome, nice if you dont have to get nasty especially with neighbors you have to live beside lol. Just keep your eye on CL and stuff and maybe something will pop up or just buy panels when you can afford it even if its like 1 a pay day or something. Then just put it together yourself. Could always start small and build it bigger as you get supplys.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
. Im pretty sure that the dogs dog house or something is in the back corner and it is using it to jump the fence .
haha!The GSD I used to have would push his dog house over next to the fence to use it to jump on and over.He was one helluva escape artist

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha!The GSD I used to have would push his dog house over next to the fence to use it to jump on and over.He was one helluva escape artist
Lol im thinking thats the case here .. =]

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I had a very similar problem recently with my neighbor. He had a husky that always was out not a aggressive dog but would bark and very stand offish. It scared my fiancé more than a few times. I had enough and went over and offered to build a chain setup and gave him a dog house. He let me build the chain set up and it worked, there are threads here by dog boy I think posted by Sadie on how to build a great chain setup. They work great I recently had my brothers to big alapa blue bull dogs for a week, and they didn't get off once.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts