Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I haven't been around here much lately, life has been a whirlwind of activity and I just haven't had the time to sit on my butt and be on the internet much... lol. But I had to share this with you guys, because I'm sure you will all have similar reactions to me. I've seen this person around before, with a bulldog/ maybe pit mix, I'm not sure, and the dog has never seemed nice, kinda gives you a sideways glance and just doesn't seem trust worthy, but I never mess with other people's dogs anyway so I didn't test that theory... lol. Well, the other day I saw this truck parked at the store (the dog wasn't in the back) and now the owner has written a message...

All I could say to myself was "are you freaking kidding me?!?" so, what if some child who can't read yet goes to try to pet the puppy? Or someone walks up from the front of the truck not knowing there is a dog in the back and next thing they know, there's a whacko bulldog lunging at them? Some people never fail to amaze me with their stupidity. If your dog is that aggressive that you have to write a message on your back window so people won't touch it or talk to it, maybe you need to rethink your priorities... put the dang dog in the cab of the truck or don't take the dog with you at all! I'm really hoping this person won't become another statistic, especially in this small town. That's the last thing we need is for the dog to go after just the right person and BSL to be slapped on us all... :mad: I aalllllmost said something to the driver, but I'm not quite that brave...

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I'd agree about putting the dog in the cab too. If it's in the bed it's just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
116 Posts
had a guy in our small town that had a rottie like you describe this dog that did the same thing that dog's owner is doing, and it wound up in a law suit for him! It was a macho thing for my neighbor, and a very sweet old lady got tagged by Bear and took more than a couple of stitches to close her arm. She wasn't trying to pet Bear. She was walking by and he tagged her before she could get by.

We've kept rotties for years and did everything in our power to not be THAT ONE WHO OWNS THOSE DOGS, we're new to the bully breeds and we still put into practice what we learned with our rotties. If our dogs go with us they are in the cab or we take the SUV. Nobody rides in the bed of the truck.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hell get a dog box! You may not be a hunter but that doesnt mean you cant get a dog box for the bed of his truck to keep others from petting his dog. What if someone that the dog didnt really like walked past the truck and the dog finally turned! If you know there might be a risk take the extra step to ensure that something stupid wont happen. UGH!
EDIT
I dislike stupid people like that

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If you know your bulldog is HA warning others is not the thing to do... A long nap with one between the eyes is what that dog and possibly its owner need! Geez! I got a guy in my small town right now with several (4) HA pittie mixes and he loves it. Thinks its funny to watch his dogs scare the beezesus outta people. I have said something several times to him and big macho gets real quiet when he sees my 9mm on my side. I havent sene him as often anymore. lol

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
i wpuld agree with the dog box thats what i have but i sometimes dont use it i dont need to my dog dosent get out but here is the thing where i grew up if you stuck your hand in the back end of someones pickup and got bit it was your own fault ive seen border collies and blue heelers tear into people for the very same thing its just common sense to me if it aint your dog and its in a truck dont touch it avoid it, ps its no macho thing for me when my dog is in the back of the pickup he is a working dog so he is usually muddy and has cow crap all over him he aint gettin in my cab lol

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
I ride my dogs in the bed. Pit and heeler. The pit is chained properly, she isn't 100% dog safe. The heeler and the pit, folks pet them all the time.
It's management 101. Know the dog, know the measure, kill the fool(dog) like Sarge said. Iwill never own or keep A HA dog. What for?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Unfortunately you can't cure stupid. Even if you would of said something he wouldn't listen. Garbage like this is what causes BSL.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Perhaps this is just the devil's advocate speaking, but isn't this jumping to conclusions? Maybe they just don't want people messing with their dog. I wouldn't assume the dog is aggressive just because it doesn't seem "trustworthy." No strange dog is ever really trustworthy anyway. I used to get upset when I saw dogs in the back of pickup trucks, but as I moved further south it just wasn't worth me worrying because its so common. I've posted pictures that look remarkably like the OP's avatar and had people crawl up my heiny hole about it. I just shrug it off. Sometimes its better to just hope that people know what they're doing, rather than assume them idiots.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Perhaps this is just the devil's advocate speaking, but isn't this jumping to conclusions? Maybe they just don't want people messing with their dog. I wouldn't assume the dog is aggressive just because it doesn't seem "trustworthy." No strange dog is ever really trustworthy anyway. I used to get upset when I saw dogs in the back of pickup trucks, but as I moved further south it just wasn't worth me worrying because its so common. I've posted pictures that look remarkably like the OP's avatar and had people crawl up my heiny hole about it. I just shrug it off. Sometimes its better to just hope that people know what they're doing, rather than assume them idiots.
:goodpost:

I do hate the people who try and talk to my boy when I am in the car. Not like he can go anywhere, I leave him leashed and put it through the seatbelt, but seriously, so many people walk by and whistle or try and get his attention. Just not smart or nice thing to do to any dog.

I wish you did talk to them so you would know if they were idiots or smart, lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually have a sign like that on my car... My dogs aren't HA at all, I just got tired of people reaching into my vehicle to pet them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts