Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
netime someone in the house is argueing(which happenes daily if not hourly around here) my dog freaks and goes into uncontrolible shaking....ne kinda loud sudden noise and he jumps thru the roof....how can i calm this down....or is he just a whimp and always gonna be one haha

·
Registered
628 Posts
he's not a wimp, he's overly stressed.

Is there a reason that he is being exposed to so many arguments? Are any of these violent? Just loud? Is anyone behaving aggressively? Pitties are not HA by nature and if this is all occurring between people they consider pack, you have a really unstable environment going on. Please understand I am not trying to judge you unfairly or anything; I am only going by what you posted and I completely understand that families have hard times and arguments can ensue at top volume. My best advice is to remove the dog or the people from the immediate area so he is not exposed to it. It can seriously impact his health if he is over-stressed constantly or even regularly....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the reason hes is exposed to so many is cuz everyone is inconsiderate that i live with and dont care the the dog is shaking and they wanna fite....never violent just loud...and not taking for judemental just advice lol cuz it is very unstable here n i feel like im stuck and cant help my little ma....ive been trying to get him out of the area but the house is very small...ne advice on how to make the shaking less or he will always do that??

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I would make sure when any of this start up you just grab your dog and reassure him everything is ok and you are there for him. Over time he should come to know that he is safe with you and feel strong and brave with you to not have these fears. It may take a little while but some good encouragement and support for the little guy should do the trick. How old is he?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I totally agree with AmPit.....if there is a way you can remove him to another room or outside when this is happening, maybe??? Offer treats and reassurance, plenty of petting and maybe try to re-direct his attention away from the humans to playing with a toy or playing tug with you???? I will tell you some dogs can just be really sensitive to any sort of aggressive sounding speech....I have 1 dog right now who gets all riled up if we "play argue" in my house (my husband and I pick on each other a lot, completely joking and laughing the whole time but it sounds aggressive) and if we play wrestle?!?!?! Saint goes crazy! He will do the shovelhead between us and climb all over us both whining like crazy! We have been doing sessions with him where we wrestle together and then include him so he sees we are not hurting each other and it's all play. He's getting much better with it. I will say, and no offense to Indians at all meant, but we have an Indian family across the street and Saint goes nuts if they are yelling to each other across the yard or whatever....I guess the language just sounds more aggressive to him even though they are just conversing. He is fine with them and lets them pet him and gives kisses and head huggings but he doesn't like when they speak Indian; if they talk to him in english, he loves them!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so like a little kid on a roller coaster....make him feel its ok....i been trying to do that but wasnt sure if i was promoting the behavior but it mkaes sence that im just letting him know its "normal"....n no i cant really move newhere else they r very loud and house is very small....american pit he is a year and a half...thanx for the help guys...it urks me cuz i feel so bad for him

1 - 6 of 6 Posts