Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been using the shampoo that have the condition in it. But I notice that after a few day, about three, that he well have that dog smell. Do any body know a good shampoo?

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Do u keep him inside?

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
i was using a shampoo with oatmeal but then i thought... thats silly since i have him on a grain free diet. now i have him on just a regular shampoo from Jeffers - Pet Supplies, Equine Supplies, Livestock Supplies. but yeah i dont think u need one with conditioner or detangle or anything like that since their coats are so short.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
The only non professional brand I would recommend is EarthBath. You can also make your own shampoo concoction with aloe, oatmeal, etc.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya he is inside most of the day. shedding is not so bad. I do brush him about every other day.

·
Registered
901 Posts
It's a dog, what do you expect him to smell like. It could be the type of food you are feeding it that is causing the strong smell. I use an oatmeal shampoo. It conditions and leaves the coat shiny. You don't want to shampoo too often.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I use an oatmeal based shampoo as well. While she eats grain-free food, that has absolutely no relation to the shampoo. Grains aren't actually "bad" for dogs either, "grain-free" is becoming so big based on that assumption, when in reality, these foods were only created for dogs that are grain intolerant. She eats grain-free, but the oatmeal is wonderful for their skin and coat.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Simply hosing your dog down after a good day at the park is another easy and quick way to keep them clean and fresh. Obviously this doesn't replace a real bath, but if I didn't wash my dog off frequently, she'd probably stink, lol.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
At work we use a citrus mint shampoo for extra smelly dogs, works great and smells nice. I will see If I remember to get the name of it , brand name for you. But I would look at any shampoo that maybe contains citrus and mint scents.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Regulkar Oatmeal in a blender til its fine and then mixed with a couple cups of boiling water and then let your dog soak in a tub of it for a few minutes. My boy has allergies, so oatmeal is out. he does AWESOME on this all natural shampoo, smells sooooo good:
Natural Organic Herbal Shampoo for Dogs - Dr. Harvey's

I also use this, its safe for puppies. I use it in the winter when I don't bathe him as much, helps keep him smelling great :)
Shampure > Collections > Aveda

I am weird though, I don't like my boy smelling like anything but himself but I like him clean, lol.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Some dogs are stinky dogs! It's the oils in their coats and some dogs do smell more than others. Try giving Chlorophyll gel caps like 50mg to 100mg per day. Try 50mg twice a day for a few weeks and see if it makes a difference. It's great in many ways for the body but it's also a natural body deodorizer. It will make your dogs poop green but should help with odor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts