Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a shelter puppy that is Wisdom Panel confirmed to be 65% AmStaff and she looks it too. I don't think Wisdom Panel recognizes APBT. Anyways, out of pure curiosity I want to see if I can get a best guess of her adult weight. I know that it is impossible to know for sure, and she is loved no matter what! But what I'd be curious to see is if you raised yours from a puppy and tracked weight gain over time... and your dog's weight as an adult.

Here's my girl's -

10 weeks of age - 11 lb
12 weeks - 14.6 lb
13 weeks - 16 lb
14.5 weeks - 18 lb
16.5 weeks - 20.5
18 weeks - 23.2
19 weeks - 24.1

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
Rule of thumb is to double the weight at 4 months and that's roughly what you'll get.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that a thing that works for medium sized dogs? Because the 4 mo rule never worked for my last two dogs.

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
It's usually fairly close for fit dogs regardless of breed or size.

·
Super Moderator
5,268 Posts
Is that a thing that works for medium sized dogs? Because the 4 mo rule never worked for my last two dogs.
From Chihuahua to Great Dane. As explained it is an estimate but usually an accurate one. As Mac said, in fit dogs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Huh, I must have bad luck then. All of my dogs have been super trim as puppies; I like to see as least a couple ribs even when young. But if that holds for my current puppy then it seems like she'll be around 50, which is great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts