Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
its going to happen with weather changes there is no getting around it. Outside dogs will be worse then indoor ones where the temps are more stable but even with my indoor dogs we deal with shedding. Best bet is to get a rubber curry comb or even the metal shedding blades and just brush them out daily , keeps there coats nice too .

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cause it is little balls of hair all round his cage. Have to swipe everyday.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
yea.. as summer comes, they will start shedding their winter coat.. one thing i love about winter, i dont have to sweep daily .. lol

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
This is off topic but dogs in warm weather year round get a winter coat? I thought it would be the same thickness. Still she'd but is there a noticeable difference in warm weather dogs?

OP are you worried its more than a natural shedding? Is it patchy hair loss when you look at the coat? Or pretty much all around shedding? My boy started to loose hair around his face and neck around the time my vet noticed he had mange. My boy also had raised hair like bumps underneath causung a shelf on his head. Hair loss was consistant for mange along with the bumps. Not saying your dog has mange just wondering if it could be a different issue..

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Omega 3s added to the diet will help. Yes, dogs do blow there coats a couple times a year but a pit bull is nothing compared to a husky or GSD! Lol! Bella hardly sheds at all. Are you worried it's abnormal shedding?

·
Registered
3 Posts
nice!

yea.. as summer comes, they will start shedding their winter coat.. one thing i love about winter, i dont have to sweep daily .. lol
Oh, so I also don't have to be burdened too much. I thought there's some abnormal in her that's why she's shedding now. Thanks for this one. I don't have to look somewhere else. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,579 Posts
To answer your question Ames, yes they do. Ecko blows his coat twice a year. It's not too bad compared to tha Malimutes I house sit for, but he does blow out. We double up on baths and blankets for him to lay on for about 2 weeks. His little hairs are stiff and make everyone itchy if there are too many.

OP, we all suffer for about 2 weeks twice per year. Brushing and blankets and a good sweeping every other day will make your life a little easier. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
To answer your question Ames, yes they do. Ecko blows his coat twice a year. It's not too bad compared to tha Malimutes I house sit for, but he does blow out. We double up on baths and blankets for him to lay on for about 2 weeks. His little hairs are stiff and make everyone itchy if there are too many.
Thanks, very interesting :) Mel's hairs poke me all the time too, PITA lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts