Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy will be 8 weeks on Saturday but I was wondering if it would be okay if I took him to get his shots on this upcoming Monday. I'm moving into my new place and I just want him to get his second round for parvo cause I just want to be on the safe side I case there may be some traces of the virus there and it'll give him a a few days to be a little more protected. When I went to look at the house they didn't have any dogs but I just want to be in the safe side for lil man. What are y'all's opinions on early vaccination? He will be kept inside until he gets all his shots but he will be going into the yard to play and use the potty

·
Banned
468 Posts
My puppy will be 8 weeks on Saturday but I was wondering if it would be okay if I took him to get his shots on this upcoming Monday. I'm moving into my new place and I just want him to get his second round for parvo cause I just want to be on the safe side I case there may be some traces of the virus there and it'll give him a a few days to be a little more protected. When I went to look at the house they didn't have any dogs but I just want to be in the safe side for lil man. What are y'all's opinions on early vaccination? He will be kept inside until he gets all his shots but he will be going into the yard to play and use the potty
So the first shot was administered at 4 weeks old? They need to be spaced 4 weeks apart. Don't give the 2nd shot sooner. Your puppy's immune system needs time to identify and counteract the diseases that your first shot pumped into her blood!

·
Banned
468 Posts
So the first shot was administered at 4 weeks old? They need to be spaced 4 weeks apart. Don't give the 2nd shot sooner. Your puppy's immune system needs time to identify and counteract the diseases that your first shot pumped into her blood!
Edit: Just as an FYI, I've been told and read quite a bit about a puppy's immune system and the benefits of vaccinations etc It seems to be the consensus that the mother's (dam's) milk/antibodies is the single best disease deterrent in comparison to any synthetic vaccination. That is why when a pup is taken too early from the dam and/or is a runt (not able to fight for a nipple etc) the pup has a much greater chance of acquiring a disease/illness bc his/her immune system is lacking essential antibodies! And that's in addition to all the others issues the pup will have due to being taken away from it's parents prematurely. (i.e. bite inhibition etc) :reindeer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts