Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got the pit i was buying today and he has red by his back legs and his butthole but he pooped and didnt poop blood and we took him a shower and it didnt come off what could it be?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
what you mean red? like a rash or like something dried and on his fur? can you post a pic?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure the camera will pick it up it kinda looks like if he was biting at it it just looks red over his coat

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Need to see pics for this one, I think, mate. I'm not sure what you mean by "red over his coat".

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
its cus hes brindle and its like a red brindle where the red is it at
:confused: Pics, man. Do you mean his fur is just a different colour or is there something stuck on it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i touch it and theres nothing on it but its red ill take a picture with my dads phone when he gets home from work his phone has a pretty good camera

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
so the color of the fur is red? there isnt actually anything dried or on it? and its not on the skin its not a rash? could just be the color of the fur then.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i went outside and looked at it and it looks better but now im worried about my puppy i went outside and she kept eating leaves and didnt want to play so i kept looking at her to see what was wrong and after a while she went poop she pooped green leaves and at the end a little red thing it looked gooey what could it be and her poop was solid but with gooey substance on it

·
Super Moderator
4,655 Posts
Has she been to the vet yet? Has she been wormed?

·
Registered
471 Posts
take her to the vet .. you never want to mess with red goey poop unless you know they have eating crayons ... { just sayin }

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea shes been wormed and has her shots beside rabies becuase shes too young i gave her some pedialyte in her food and she looks like shes feeling a little better

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
no point trying to treat something when you have no clue what it could be, when was she last dewormed? puppys ahve to be dewormed alot more often then adults I think until they are 6 months it like every month. I would have a check up , bring in a fecal sample if possible with you they can test for other parasites. is she eating and drinking? unless she isnt drinking or has bad diarreah I wouldnt bother with the pedialyte.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
take her to the vet .. you never want to mess with red goey poop unless you know they have eating crayons ... { just sayin }
HA :rofl:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea shes eating and drinking and is playing now i guess she just had a tummy ache but now my other dog is starting to bite his hind leg again and its red again ill take a pic
right now and upload it

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
for the gooey poop with a bit of red in it though I would still take her to the vet and get a fecal done and check for worms and parsites that isnt normal and should be checked , regardless of if she is acting normal . that do you mean your other dog is chewing his leg? like raw? have you checked for fleas at all? is it red and only one area he does this?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Pictures would help. Eating leaves is just a puppy thing and could make the poop gooey. If you just got the pup it could be a shock to be in a new place and she may not want to play and could stress her out and have runny poop. Nothing to worry about just yet unless she looks worse tomorrow or she has bloody stool. Blood can come out in stool and not be parvo but could be a GI upset.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Treating her for fleas if she does not have them is not going to help! You can tell if she has fleas by looking at her skin. Flea dirt are little black spots on her skin if you look closely, or look for any fleas. Treating a dog for something they do not have is not the way to go. You are putting chemicals on a puppy and I do not recommend that unless they have an issue you have diagnosed not guessed.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yes fleas are easy to spot best place is to check atthe rear and right above the tail if you brush the fur backwards you will eitehr see fleas or like PK said small black dot { flea poop}. I personally dont like the flea shampoos if you dont wash it completely out they can lick it off and it can make them sick , If you want to go pesticide route id get advantage or something similar like that from your vet { apparently they have a pill form as well now } I use natural I go with brewers yeast and garlic pills they work great for my dogs but have heard some say they havent seen results so up to you.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts