Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Ashes is such a friendly dog we're still working on her on trying to stop her from jumping on ppl when she greets them and I mean she will jump on ppl she does not know and act like a total lovebug which I love! I don't complain about it minus the jumping because I know there are ppl out there afraid of pitbulls...
So yesterday I took my dogs hiking and she was fine with ppl and dogs passing around us she paid attention to the "leave it command" but coming around a corner a lady coming toward us was walking pretty fast, my bf was walking ashes and the lady stopped immediately!! And froze and was sooooo hesistant about Ashes but super exxagerrated! Ashes caught on to this and started to bark at her! :confused: she has never done this at all!
I've had pit bulls who have done this but it's was from being skittish and afraid of ppl. Ashes is not afraid of ppl and when tend to have a lot of ppl over and she's cool with everybody. Should I be concerned with training her a lot more?? Or could have been she sensed the lady was terrified of her and her stance caused Ashes to bark at her??
Like I said I've dealt with HA dogs and dogs afraid of ppl but Ashes isn't either of these. Input anybody and help would be much appreciated.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I wouldnt be too concerned about it. It sounds ike maybe the adys reaction startled Ashes just as much as Ashes startled the lady. If Ashes continues to dispay this behavior then I would work more on socializing her in different areas.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
everyone knows dogs feed off of other people and the energy they create , I think alot of people make situations worse then they would have been if they had just relaxed a bit. I know in my neighborhood we have alot of dog owners and mydogs can walk by other people and there dogs just fine without even glancing at them, but there is this one oriental ladythat has this lil shitzu spazz puff ball and anytime we come across her she gets all worked up and grabs her dog and then causes her dog to get all yappy and brave and spazzy and it gets my guys a bit more amped then normal. I swear if people learned how to react when they come across a dog it would make situations so less difficult. Your dog was probably just going off this ladys exagerated fear I wouldnt worry too much unless this is a regular occurance.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea this was a one time thing so far..I'm hoping it was just that she sensed the ladies fear because Ashes has never barked at anyone while we were out.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Maybe she didnt like the smell or something excited her at the same time? How old is she? Maybe she is just starting to figure out barking? I think its fine though, sometimes these pups do funny things :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts