Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my baby is 1yr 7months old 65lbs and weve had her since she was 5 months old. at first she was very timid and didnt like anyone but my brother so we knew something had happened to her and we figured we would try to help her. now its been a little over a year and shes come a long way. she loves everyone in our family and gets along great with kids(all kids, even random kids that pet her on her walks) women are also fine. shes always had a problem with men so iv been trying to get her around strangers(men in particular) but she puts her tail between her legs and hides behind me. im starting to think i need more help but where do i go for it? iv been reading as much as possible but i think i need to get her evaluated.

question is, where? does anyone know of somwhere i can take her in NY(nassau county) long island? i would love to have some proffesional help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
on a side not, the reason i think i need help is b/c on fathers day, we had a bbq at my house and everyone that came to my house was barked at, she came close to them and just started barking at them, most of the time her tail was wagging but everyone was scared of her. i tried to have them give her treats but she wouldnt even come close enough to take them.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
If you have any more BBQ's you should put her in a crate or spare bedroom until everyone leaves. Since she is having problems with people one on one. Something like that can really stress her out and make problems worse. I don't live in your area but you could google dog trainers and talk to them and see how much experience they have before settling on one. Find one who is good with behavioral issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts