Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for a puppy to show off or get super hyper to the point of doing naughty stuff at after not being at a certain location for awhile? Our puppy lives with my bf but was spending a considerable amount of time with me because of winter vacation. The past few days he's been at my place which way smaller than my bf's place and Caine has been acting like a hyper brat! He's peeing on stuff, not listening, won't settle down even in his crate, etc.

It seems to me that he's acting like a little kid that insists on 'testing the waters' because he's somewhere else. Is this normal? We're considering not having him come to my place until he's a little older but I think that would just prolong the problem. He's driving his dad NUTS!

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
It def. sounds like he's testing his boundaries!

I know Kane (lol) is a different dog when my mom is around -- he's always jumping up on her and getting in her face and just being really rambunctious, which he never does with me. Cause he knows I don't put up with that. :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes I think he does it because he's seeing if if he can play 'mom' and 'dad' against each other. It's like he thinks that I'm gonna say something different than what was already said. The dog is so much like my son! I wish my bf had kids so he could see how raising an independent male is! LOL

So, what do you do about it? I've found myself doing a lot of time-outs.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
That's pretty much what I do. I just put him in a SitStay until he calms down or remove him to another room.

My mom is clueless about dogs so whenever she walks in the door it's all HEY KANE, HEY SWEETIEPIE in a really high excited voice, which only riles him up more than he already is at the fact that OMG GRAMMA IS HERE OMG. :)

I've told her SO. MANY. TIMES. When you walk in the door, totally ignore him, don't even make eye contact, if he jumps on you, just turn your back to him, etc, etc. Does she listen? NooOoOoOoOooo.

It gets me so :mad: sometimes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.