Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you had any issues with your pits throwing up and getting sick a lot after eating?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did and they did blood work and stool sample, but I was wondering if your pits have ever had sensitive stomach issues?

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
Sissy please give us more information. As was already said this is not normal. What are you feeding your dog and what do you mean by getting sick a lot after eating?

Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thank you, I am new to this.
I rescued a pit about 2 years ago from the desert, she was left for dead. She would through up randomly, never worried cuz she bounced right back and never refused a meal. she has had the same food for the 2 years, no changes. about three days ago she threw up, had loose stools but was still acting normal. this morning she would not eat which is defiantly out of the ordinary for her. took her to vet and spent an obscene amount of money. didn't tell us much other than to wait for test results tomorrow. since leaving the vet she has puked her water and the rice they said to giver her. i have been reading that pits can have allergy or sensitive stomachs and was wondering if you or anyone has any ideas to help her?

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
It's possible, there are different strains of Parvo. That would be my main concern. Parvo is a seriously nasty illness. I would go to an e-vet at least to make sure she stays hydrated since she's vomiting and not keeping anything down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's possible, there are different strains of Parvo. That would be my main concern. Parvo is a seriously nasty illness. I would go to an e-vet at least to make sure she stays hydrated since she's vomiting and not keeping anything down.
Do know off hand any symptoms of parvo?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
All of those symptoms apply to other things other then parvo as well. Parvo is the main focus since its so deadly but, untreated Corona Virus, Coccidiosis, & Giardia are just as deadly. Coccidia being the least likely to cause death if caught in time.

Another thing is your dog eating fast when she eats like not really chewing?? If they ate to fast it can cause upset stomach and even Bloat.... If there are no parasites to worry about I'd invest in a flat pan for her to eat off of or a bowl with a center so to help slow down if eating to fast in the case.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
True, Parvo would just be my biggest concern. It's so scary.

Another option if she's not eating or keeping food down is it could be a blockage. Does she seem ansty, pacing around? Or lethargic?

·
Registered
200 Posts
An old dog of mine had similar symptoms. It turned out he had gulped a rawhide chewy and it blocked his intestines. After surgery, he was fine.
Could your dog have done something similar? Gulped a toy or a half-chewed rawhide?

And, yes. Dogs can definitely have very sensitive stomachs. I have one right now with persistent diarrhea. You really need to keep working with your vet to figure out how to manage the issue, if that's what is going on with your dog.

For posting pictures; I store my photos at Photobucket. From there, it's as easy as copying the image link over to this site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
An old dog of mine had similar symptoms. It turned out he had gulped a rawhide chewy and it blocked his intestines. After surgery, he was fine.
Could your dog have done something similar? Gulped a toy or a half-chewed rawhide?

And, yes. Dogs can definitely have very sensitive stomachs. I have one right now with persistent diarrhea. You really need to keep working with your vet to figure out how to manage the issue, if that's what is going on with your dog.

For posting pictures; I store my photos at Photobucket. From there, it's as easy as copying the image link over to this site.
I think after about 20 hours of research, I found a dog food that will help! Its called Blue Basic Limited Ingredient Salomon and potato. I read 100 reviews all of them had pitts or other bully breed dogs with the EXACT same problem as my baby. They all said this food has saved their babies!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All of those symptoms apply to other things other then parvo as well. Parvo is the main focus since its so deadly but, untreated Corona Virus, Coccidiosis, & Giardia are just as deadly. Coccidia being the least likely to cause death if caught in time.

Another thing is your dog eating fast when she eats like not really chewing?? If they ate to fast it can cause upset stomach and even Bloat.... If there are no parasites to worry about I'd invest in a flat pan for her to eat off of or a bowl with a center so to help slow down if eating to fast in the case.
oh she eats like its the last time she wil ever be feed! I got her a special bowl with ridges in it to slow her down. I really think its allergy and sensitive stomach and allergies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts