Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my pit bull is sick shes lost all fur and a lot of weight and her gums are white she always has had a difficult time gaining weight i adopted her from a shelter when she was 6weeks and she weight 3 pounds shes always been small but has lost a lot of weight recently i feed her a full bowl 3 times a day, it all started when she has some spot on her back i thought it was allergies so we changed her food and it didn't help. we had her on a antibiotic thinking it was a skin infection it didnt help. ive tried everything but i havent taken her to the vet i dont want them to think im a bad owner when they see her but i really need to get her better what should i do

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
You need to take the dog to the vet. She sounds very sick and without proper veterinary care you could lose her. No one on the forum will be able to diagnose your pup, but losing fur, weight, and white gums equals vet visit!

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Uh, GO TO THE VET. You don't want to go because they'll think you're bad owner? What does that make you when she dies due to your lack of care?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
You need to go to the vet ASAP have a skin scrap done it could be partially mange but, without a diagnosis from the vet there is never a sure fire way to know. The dog could have other underlying problems then just the skin stuff and a regular antibiotic will not help something that could be fungal.

how did you get her on an antibiotic without a vet? im calling bs.....
Its easy to get antibiotics for dogs through getting say pig, goat, or cattle penicillin when you know how to properly dose or they could have a small child of their own or in the family that had been prescribed an antibiotic and didn't take it all etc. etc. When your down and out and know what your doing finding meds for your animals is easy but, not really recommended when like in this case they don't know what is wrong with the dog.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
LOL I'm not taking up for him in any way but, I know people with that knowledge that still wouldn't take them to the vet cause they convinced they could do it themselves and would prolly soak the dog in burnt motor oil which is NOT healthy. Just because people have the knowledge don't mean they will use it in a way that would make sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts